GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Legend of Zelda"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend of Zelda: Majora's mask'.
Thu 20/01/05 at 19:35
Regular
"0228"
I'm in a Zelda-y mood at the moment so I thought I'd come up with a list of things that the new Legend of Zelda game on the Gamecube should contain for various reasons. Feel free to call my ideas crap and change them for your own.

Dungeons
The dungeons in Wind Waker were easy, to be honest the whole game was pretty easy. Then there's Majora's Mask that had far too few dungeons to complete but they were much harder than Wind Waker's. The dungeons in OoT seemed to be the right level of difficulty and there was a good number of them so sticking to a similar style would seem a sensible option. Saying that, the Spirit Temple seemed easier than some of its predecessors so I would encourage Nintendo to make sure that the difficulty level raises at a steady rate without dropping along the way.

Items
I'm hoping for a big inventory. There have been loads of great items throughout Link's history with some of the highlights being the hookshot, the boomerang, and the lens of truth.
I also think that the idea from OoT with the different tunics and boots can be re-used possibly with different designs, e.g. magnetic boots that allow link to walk along metal walls and rooves to dodge lava covered floors, etc.
The masks from Majora's Mask could be hard to put into the game but there's no reason why their can't be a small side quest involving them, e.g. fall down a hole where a deku scrub gives you a deku scrub mask to complete an obstacle course with and then win a heart piece at the end before returning the mask.

Epona
Ok, so it's already been confirmed that Epona will be in the new game but it's such a good thing that I have to include it. The boat idea for Wind Waker was crap. Epona rules.

The End?
Why do the Zelda games refuse to let you save after defeating the final boss? It's stupid, I think that once you beat the game you should still be able to wander through Hyrule (or where ever it's set) and have some things to do. For example, after completing the game the bosses from the temples should respawn back in the temples so you can go back and fight them again as often as you want. Also, a few mini games could open up like an extra shooting range or a special horse racing circuit which could also include multi player. You should be able to go back and talk to the villagers and have them congratulate you. There could even be a special super item that you get like a hookshot that attaches itself to anything giving you the opportunity to fully explore the world once you've completed the game.

Golden Skullatas
I am praying that these do not return, I can't see how anybody could have found all of them in OoT.

Heart Pieces
These are a good idea for increasing your life meter but some of them are stupidly well hidden. I think that there should be some more clues to get them so you find them through logic rather than stumbling across them by chance.

Bosses
These should be tougher. The early bosses have always been at a sensible level of difficulty but later booses don't seem to increase much in difficulty. I'm not asking for anything as hard as Ultra Mega Mega Man in South Park or even King K. Rool in DK64 but something pretty tough harder than some previous Zelda bosses.

I can't think of anything else at the moment but I'm sure there are plenty of obvious points I've missed. So, what are your ideas?
Fri 21/01/05 at 21:59
Regular
Majora's Mask is twisted. Seriously twisted.

Brilliant because of it :D
Fri 21/01/05 at 22:07
"period drama"
Aye, MM cast a dark, twisted atmosphere like no other game.
No blood and gore, just impending doom, futlity, and some freaky music.
Fri 21/01/05 at 22:18
Regular
The Happy Masdk Shop owner scared the shiit out of me.

How I love Majora's Mask.
Fri 21/01/05 at 22:21
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Aye, MM cast a dark, twisted atmosphere like no other game.
> No blood and gore, just impending doom, futlity, and some freaky
> music.

Knowing everyone you were speaking too had 3 days to live was so very... very disturbing.
Fri 21/01/05 at 22:35
Regular
"bit of a brain"
gerrid wrote:
> MM was pretty dark. Everyone that you meet is going to die in 3 days,
> and they don't even know it, and you can't tell them,
Fri 21/01/05 at 22:37
Regular
Okay so you beat me too it.

The dungeons were rather nuts too.
Fri 21/01/05 at 22:38
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Bloody hard game, too. Complicated. It was so beautifully designed though. Had a lot more atmosphere than OOT.
Fri 21/01/05 at 22:40
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> Bloody hard game, too. Complicated. It was so beautifully designed
> though. Had a lot more atmosphere than OOT.

Hard?? Not sure I can agree with that. It wasn't any tougher than other Zelda games... and the dungeons were somewhat easier.

But it was a beautiful game, and the dark edge took it away from Ocarina of Time.
Fri 21/01/05 at 22:41
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Hard in that there was a lot to do and you had to do it very quickly. The dungeons were easier than OOT, but only because you knew what to expect and you'd already had a lot of practise.
Fri 21/01/05 at 22:43
Regular
Also because you had to do it in an hour and a half or you'd have to start again.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.