GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NFL Season starts again"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/09/04 at 21:38
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Anyone catch the Colts vs Patriots game to kick off the start of the 85th NFL season? Was a great way to start the season and i hope all the games are as entertaining. Was in a strange situation where i couldn't care who actually won this as i find New England to be horribly boring and Ty Law to be very annoying (he takes arrogance to a whole new level, he makes Jose Mourinho look like the most modest man in the world) and Indianapolis aren't much better with Peyton 'Most over-hyped player ever' Manning leading the charge.

Was good to hear the greatest commentating duo in all of sports Al Michaels and the legend John Madden back once again, no one can beat them.

But anyway the game, few interceptions thrown by Manning showing just how average he is and proving once more New England is not his favourite place (Vick and McNabb are far better) and Ty Law spending most of the game on the bench and when he did come on he got schooled by Marvin Harrison (and why Manning wasn't throwing to him more often i've no idea, he's your best reciever you muppet, use him) Great ending as well with McGuinness sacking him and leaving VanDerJagt with a hard field goal which he missed when he should have only had about a 35 yard attempt to knock threw the sticks.

Bring on the rest of the season
Page:
Mon 14/02/05 at 12:30
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Was quite funny to see the Steelers coach in a hawaii (sp?) shirt, his chin sticking out onto the pitch as always.

God knows why the officials were there i don't think they called anything all game despite there being some quite obvious fouling going on :-D
Mon 14/02/05 at 12:25
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Watching it this afternoon. My first Pro Bowl!!!!11

First year with Sky Sports, y'see. Shame we got it in the day after the Superbowl. Meaning I had to put up with medicore Channel 5 coverage for most of this season. :-(
Mon 14/02/05 at 12:20
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Bah Shepphard had a great interception off Brady, like the commentators said one game too late. :-(

The old flea flicker play with Brees and Tomlinson was the best part for me though
Mon 14/02/05 at 01:28
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Almost missed the Pro Bowl.

McNabb carrying off where he left the Superbowl with an interception. I wonder how many points the AFC will beat the NFC by
Tue 08/02/05 at 13:15
Regular
Also, gerrid, you can't deny that no-one in their wildest imagination could have thought Owens would do so well.

I expected he'd be fit - fitter than Moss was, but I didn't in any way expect him to get more than 50 yards.
Tue 08/02/05 at 13:14
Regular
"Donovan, I told you That's my parking space.

Hmmm.
They shouldn't have gone for the onside kick indeed.
They should have went into teh onside kick formation, but kicked it right up the field.
Much better. idea.
Mon 07/02/05 at 18:27
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Quite funny to see him yelling at McNabb down the sidelines one way and then back again until he finally gave up :-D
Mon 07/02/05 at 18:18
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I appreciate what they've brought to the league - the whole team focus thing, but they are horribly tedious to watch. Hopefully with Crennel and Weis out, they'll struggle a bit more next year, although knowing the Pats, they'll probably win it again.

I laugh at all the critics who said Owens shouldn't play. They all just assumed that he was forcing his way in and wasn't fit, Moss style, but Owens is so much more of a team player than Moss.
Mon 07/02/05 at 17:49
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Vrabel or Bruschi were much more deserving of MVPs than any of the Patriots offense players.

But overall I agree with gerrid. Does the fact that Owens had an incredible game just a week after getting a cast off his leg not come into play at all? He's just missed a couple of months of action, and he comes back to make 9 receptions and 127 yards against arguably the best defensive team the league has ever seen. Surely that's worth something...

Pats had better not win it next year. Or even get anywhere near the Super Bowl. They're such a great team, but boring boring boring.
Mon 07/02/05 at 16:37
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
gerrid wrote:
>I'm glad Tom Brady didn't get it, because he isn't anything special for me.

I'm glad i'm not the only one who holds that opinion. For me the MVP on that NE team is Vinateiri, without him knocking in about 5 field goals a game they'd have a much poorer record. I heard people comparing Brady to Montana in the pre game talk, what utter bloody nonsense, Brady isn't even fit to lace up Montana's shoes let alone be compared to him as well as talk as this may be the best NFL team ever? Ermmm better then Aikman's cowboys? Elway's broncos? Madden's everything? Heh yea i doubt it
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.