GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Uni"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/09/04 at 15:12
Regular
"2 weeks to go..."
So who's off to uni in a few weeks?
Thu 09/09/04 at 02:21
Regular
Having reconciled the fact that I'm not about to sign my life away to the military (assuming they'd have me) and that I've had enough of full time education, I have considered using some of my free time to indulge my interests in the armed forces.

Yes, you guessed it, the TA.

That way I'd get a taste of the military life without committing.

I'm sure anyone working in the regular armed services would find this laughable, that's certainly the impression I got from my friends in the Army and a mate of mine in the RAF.

Having thought hard about it though, although I love the idea of military life, I'm really not sure I could live it 24/7. If that makes any sense.

I guess I just want the freedom to move jobs as and when I am able to.
Thu 09/09/04 at 02:17
Regular
What about the office positions, or are they not available until you've had more experience at the lower ranks?

And just how competitive are we talking here, on the engineering side?
Thu 09/09/04 at 02:15
"I love yo... lamp."
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> I rang the RAF and asked if they needed a 'chock-remover'. they said
> they'd call me.

Did you spell it for them? Some of them are a bit slow on the uptake and would have thought you meant a black board cleaner.

And yes, I do need chock-removers. Here's what happened to my last one: [URL]http://jmcmtank.com/images/mil/secret.jpg[/URL]
Thu 09/09/04 at 02:15
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Kat wrote:
> Lawrence wrote:
> ME ME ME...i got my house and i'm moving in on the 20th.
>
> Where is everyone going?
>
> I'm moving in on the 20th too! In catered halls - where you going?
> What subject?

Brighton University, got house, doing Criminology with Sociology
Thu 09/09/04 at 02:14
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Ashley wrote:
> Lawrence wrote:
> ME ME ME...i got my house and i'm moving in on the 20th.
>
> Where is everyone going?
>
> not going in halls?

No, got a student house!
Thu 09/09/04 at 02:13
"I love yo... lamp."
It all depends on what you apply for Icky. For their engineering side of things they'll take you on if you're smart.

For the cannon fodder side, if you meet a certain physical standard, they'll beat you into a better one.
Thu 09/09/04 at 02:12
Regular
I rang the RAF and asked if they needed a 'chock-remover'. they said they'd call me.
Thu 09/09/04 at 02:11
"I love yo... lamp."
Five now. Don't get me wrong, I love the flying side of it. I still get a kick every time I take off, every time I get to play with clueless Americans. But the problem is there isn't enough of that and things change. Nowadays, I think could get used to the routine of a 9-5 and possibly being a family man. I've had my fun. I don't know if I'd want it when I'm 40.
Thu 09/09/04 at 02:11
Regular
Unless you're subtly saying they won't accept me, simple as.
Thu 09/09/04 at 02:09
Regular
I can be one of the best....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.