GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Uni"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/09/04 at 15:12
Regular
"2 weeks to go..."
So who's off to uni in a few weeks?
Thu 09/09/04 at 18:19
Regular
Biggles is an actual pilot? Excellent

What's the RAF's policy on eyesight requirements these days?

I heard they had a bit of a mixed up policy where you could wear contact lenses, but only if you didn't when you joined...

I think my eyes are both -1.0 prescription (though they could use another test by now).

They still don't accept you with lazer surgery?

Cheers
Thu 09/09/04 at 16:34
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> Glasgow always had great open days, so you must have been going to the
> wrong places. I know, I helped out with them.

When I went, th eonly thing left I had to go see was the talk on what the Law Degree involves, however, talks were at 11:00 and 13:00

I missed the 11:00 one by about 5-10 minutes, and I wasn't wandering inhalfway through, and I wasn't waiting 2 hours for the next one seeing as I'd done everything else in case it turned out to be a pile of toord (iT'S IN THE SWEAR FILTER? iT'S NO WORSE THAN SAYING POO)(Damn Caps lock) like the Strathclyde one.

Apparantly it was good though.
Bah.

And you're a fighter pilot? Cool. I always wanted to join the RAF as a pilot, but I decided I'd probably not meet the physical standard because I messed up my knees years ago, I may exceed the height limit, (I'm 6'1 and I was 5'9 before Christmas, it's a common trait in my family to grow really tall really quickly, and most of us end up about 6'8 by the time we're 21), so I'd definately exceed the height limit.

Plus, I wouldn't want to be called to war, obviously, and definately couldn't spend my lifecramped up in a cockpit, so I'm going to study law.
Woo.

Flying would still be my second choice though.
Thu 09/09/04 at 09:54
Regular
"WATERCOOLED MONKEY"
Icarus mk2 wrote:
> Apparently you only need 2 GCSEs to be an Aerospace Systems Operator.

Yep and when you actually talk to one it shows lol. For Aerospace systems operator read. set to radar track press button next target. plus all the bull of being a gunner.
Thu 09/09/04 at 09:50
Regular
"WATERCOOLED MONKEY"
Back again. all karnaugh mapped out, quine mccluskeyd to death and shot to death with boolean.

Survival aspect in the forces, youd get more tuition from a good book, our only survival aspect is where to hide the beer on exercise. lol

Join the TA for the christmas bonus, and the chance to endanger lives from the comfort of your own home town.. ref prisoner brutality pics.
Thu 09/09/04 at 08:53
Regular
"2 weeks to go..."
Mumbai Duck wrote:
> What will you be doing?

Zoology with Evolutionary Psychology - bring it on baby!
Thu 09/09/04 at 02:40
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> Nothing makes you appreciate your own hide like nearly losing it.

damn straight.

Da Nang 1969?
Thu 09/09/04 at 02:39
Regular
Apparently you only need 2 GCSEs to be an Aerospace Systems Operator.
Thu 09/09/04 at 02:35
"I love yo... lamp."
Nothing makes you appreciate your own hide like nearly losing it.
Thu 09/09/04 at 02:34
Regular
It's not the getting shot at stuff I'm interested in. It's the being taught to survive in any situation/environment independently. Not in any martial way, but in a simple 'man vs nature' way. Survivalism. I'm probably kidding myself thinking that a lot of this will be taught.

In all honesty I'm better looking into the many survival schools that there are, not least Ray Mears own, Woodlore.

Fickle, me? Nah.
Thu 09/09/04 at 02:26
"I love yo... lamp."
Icky: Not entirely sure. I would imagine that many of them you could get into without having been in the lower ranks, most of them take you on, train you, have you work at whatever for a certain number of years. It is that minimum time thing that causes the problem though.

If you really are interested, check the careers website, or better yet, go to your nearest recruitment office.

Borat: Ahahahahahahahahahaha. Not really. I don't think you'll like it that much, but with you being into martial arts, the combat aspect of it might interest you. It'll certainly give you a brief insight into what it is like for many in the forces, albeit worse than you would be going through.

Oh and if you do get called up, you do get to experience being shot at and everything!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.