GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The School Hostage Thing"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/09/04 at 15:21
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I was watching this on the news (from about 10:30-14:00) and i have to say i found it rather exciting, obviously it was a terrible ordeal for everyone involved. Especially the poor kids that were practically naked, apparently when they asked for a drink they were told to strip, their clothes were doused with water and they were told to suck the moisture out. Pretty grim stuff.

Near the end of the special show an ITN cameraman actually got into the gym where everyone had been held, the roof had collapsed (chechen rebels had rigged it with 14 explosive charges) while people were still inside and apparently some 100 bodies lay inside.

The chechens then fled to some buildings nearby and were holding a sustained firefight with the russian military.
Mon 06/09/04 at 00:29
Regular
Or at least get a competent team of people to construct a plan.

The brits would have gone in, contained and not killed any of the hostage takers... no deaths and the tea lady wouldn't have spilled a drop of tea brought in just behind the troops for a nice cuppa after.

Hmmmm bias?
Mon 06/09/04 at 09:19
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Skarra wrote:

> Take the US war on terror, it may not solve terrorism in the long
> term, i'm no fool, i see that, but as one US citizen told me, and i
> quote:
> "Before the 'War on Terror', under Clinton, there were 5 attacks
> on US soil. Since Bush and his War on Terror, there has only been
> one."

maybe so, but the one under Bush eclipsed the others.
although that may simply be down to news saturation. hell if it was me i'd have flown the thing into the statue of liberty, fewer lives lost and the ultimate american symbol lying in ruins, a win-win situation (well, as much as you can get in matters of this nature)
Mon 06/09/04 at 09:24
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Dringo wrote:

> Would it not work for America and other western states to offer a
> deal. We'll wipe the debt if you can keep your country under control
> and remove any terrorist cells.

no, it would not work.
firstly, the west will NEVER wipe the debt, it's a political and economic stranglehold on eastern countries. Secondly, to offer such a thing on the assumption that a country will prove no future hassle would be ridiculous as there are simply no guarantees, any given country could agree to the terms and then simply not comply once the debt is lifted.

it's a nice idea mate, but it's just not going to work :(
Mon 06/09/04 at 09:26
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Light wrote:
> Well, you get the idea. The only way to stop terrorism is to stop
> partaking of it. Sooner every nation realises this, the sooner the
> terror stops.

I can't see it stopping until...
Mon 06/09/04 at 17:28
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
SHEEPY wrote:
> I have absolutely no sympathy for causes that take such action as
> this.

Why though? While these people who took the school and murdered children obviously fought for their cause in an entirely wrong way, it doesn't necessarily mean that the cause itself is wrong. There may well be many more people fighting for this cause in entirely acceptable ways, but the media only has time for it when something terrible like this happens.

Face it, the only time the media covers any kind of protest is when it causes a major nuisance (ie. people going on strike and causing airlines / fire services / whatever to be disrupted) or when it is a violent protest like this one.
Mon 06/09/04 at 18:42
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
Very_Metal wrote:
> maybe so, but the one under Bush eclipsed the others.
> although that may simply be down to news saturation. hell if it was
> me i'd have flown the thing into the statue of liberty, fewer lives
> lost and the ultimate american symbol lying in ruins, a win-win
> situation (well, as much as you can get in matters of this nature)

Yes, because terrorists really care about civilian casulties, don't they?

*shakes head*
Mon 06/09/04 at 19:40
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Just heard that one of the children they found had 47 bullet wounds.
Mon 06/09/04 at 19:58
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
cookie monster wrote:
> Especially the poor kids that were practically
> naked, apparently when they asked for a drink they were told to
> strip, their clothes were doused with water and they were told to
> suck the moisture out.

I thought they were forced to drink Urine.
Mon 06/09/04 at 20:01
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Yeah, but that happened later.
Mon 06/09/04 at 20:22
Regular
"pale dreams of life"
What can you say? This is totally shocking and unacceptable. There may be good reasons for the cause they are claiming to carry out these actions for, but the actions themselves demean and nullify the cause they act for. Violence and hatred breed nothing but violence and hatred and personally despise anyone who carries out actions like this.

But having said that, by own words I acknowledge that violence and hatred breeds the same. What sort of violence and hatred must have been shown to the Chechen rebels to make them behave this way?

There are never any easy answers. I remain constantly disappointed with the behaviour of my species.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.