GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The School Hostage Thing"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/09/04 at 15:21
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I was watching this on the news (from about 10:30-14:00) and i have to say i found it rather exciting, obviously it was a terrible ordeal for everyone involved. Especially the poor kids that were practically naked, apparently when they asked for a drink they were told to strip, their clothes were doused with water and they were told to suck the moisture out. Pretty grim stuff.

Near the end of the special show an ITN cameraman actually got into the gym where everyone had been held, the roof had collapsed (chechen rebels had rigged it with 14 explosive charges) while people were still inside and apparently some 100 bodies lay inside.

The chechens then fled to some buildings nearby and were holding a sustained firefight with the russian military.
Fri 03/09/04 at 15:21
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I was watching this on the news (from about 10:30-14:00) and i have to say i found it rather exciting, obviously it was a terrible ordeal for everyone involved. Especially the poor kids that were practically naked, apparently when they asked for a drink they were told to strip, their clothes were doused with water and they were told to suck the moisture out. Pretty grim stuff.

Near the end of the special show an ITN cameraman actually got into the gym where everyone had been held, the roof had collapsed (chechen rebels had rigged it with 14 explosive charges) while people were still inside and apparently some 100 bodies lay inside.

The chechens then fled to some buildings nearby and were holding a sustained firefight with the russian military.
Fri 03/09/04 at 15:23
Regular
So it's been confirmed they're Chechen then?

The radio didn't say much about that.
Fri 03/09/04 at 15:25
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Yes, they are Chechen. One of the women had explosives strapped to her chest and blew herself up in front of a load of kids.
Fri 03/09/04 at 15:28
Regular
"ProGolfer"
They got an idea of the death count, dear some people are just sick. How do they think there going to get away what idiots. Its times like this when i like the idea of Secret Services using a bit of torture to get info. Least the Russians stayed away from the chemicals.
Fri 03/09/04 at 15:39
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I have absolutely no sympathy for causes that take such action as this.
Fri 03/09/04 at 15:42
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
One side commits an atrocity which they justify by pointing to the atrocity committed against them, so they have yet another atrocity committed and....

Well, you get the idea. The only way to stop terrorism is to stop partaking of it. Sooner every nation realises this, the sooner the terror stops.
Fri 03/09/04 at 15:51
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Light wrote:
> One side commits an atrocity which they justify by pointing to the
> atrocity committed against them, so they have yet another atrocity
> committed and....
>
> Well, you get the idea. The only way to stop terrorism is to stop
> partaking of it. Sooner every nation realises this, the sooner the
> terror stops.

So your saying they did this because we did it to them first, the reason behind most terroism is because they dont agree with the way we live our culture here in the western world. We dont belive in there religion and therefore should be attacked and made to fear them, no i dont think thats fair.
Fri 03/09/04 at 15:58
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Foszy wrote:

> So your saying they did this because we did it to them first, the
> reason behind most terroism is because they dont agree with the way
> we live our culture here in the western world. We dont belive in
> there religion and therefore should be attacked and made to fear
> them, no i dont think thats fair.

Do you actually even have the faintest idea what it is you're talking about or have you simply disengaged your brain and let your fingers hit random keys?

Okay; the Chechen state declared independence from Russian rule. Russia, under Yeltsin, invaded in order to bring "the rogue state to heel". In doing so, the Russian army (underpaid, low morale, generally not a good place to be) committed numerous atrocities on the Chechen people. The Chechen rebels fought quite ferociously, and the current situation is by no means stable in the Chechnya.

Therefore the atrocities in Chechnya caused todays atrocity in Russia. Unless you're trying to suggest that the Chechens had some spare time and decided to use it up blowing up children?

Oh, and as to your Government approved headbilge "They don't like our culture", I assume that was in relation to Al-Quaida? Well, I don't think that's the reason. I think the reason for Al-Quaida's attacks was because of the US presence in Saudi Arabia coupled with the continual support of Israel whilst condemned any actions by the Palestinians. Know why I think that? Cos that's what bin-Laden actually f**king said

Jesus Christ, sometimes I absolutely despair...
Fri 03/09/04 at 16:40
Regular
"SOUP!"
I'm not going to attempt to flaunt my terrorism knowledge, I'll just sum it up in my own simple opinion.

Terrorism - Nasty and underhand

Terrorism with kids involved - Cowardice

I assume that the only reason they chose to take over a school was to get more news coverage and get their "cause" more acknowledged - though it seems it has failed because I don't even know why they've taken the school over - just that Russia and at war with a rebel state. Are Chechyna (dont know the correct spelling) wanting independence but Russia are reluctant to grant it because yet again they will appear weak in the history books?
Fri 03/09/04 at 16:48
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Paradox: wrote:
> Are Chechyna (dont know the correct spelling)
> wanting independence but Russia are reluctant to grant it because yet
> again they will appear weak in the history books?

Well, sort of but there is more. Putin would be scared to allow Chechnya independence incase Al-Quaida set up operations there.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.