GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mozilla OS"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/08/04 at 21:22
Regular
"SOUP!"
I'm considering using Mozilla as my operating system and totally replacing Windows altogether.

Though there are a few things I would like to ask any Mozilla users out there.

Can I simply install it over the top of Windows or do I need to wipe my computers, get mozilla on a disk and start from scratch?

Whats the functionaily of the OS like? The browser is fantastic, much better than IE in my opinion - is the OS like the browser?

Any tips/advice will be muchly appreciated.

Cheers.
Mon 30/08/04 at 11:39
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Chad Niga wrote:

> The only other OS that i know of that is all that and more is MacOS
> X. (maybe not the cheap bit)

Mac OS X is cheaper to buy than Windows Xp.
Mon 30/08/04 at 11:23
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Stay with Windows. Linux can't compete with Windows on the desktop just yet.
Sun 29/08/04 at 21:38
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Fact is, Linux is wasted on anything powerful, but it's great nonetheless. Just in a different way.

Not for everybody though.

The problem is, all these box-distros try to make Linux act like Windows, and only succeed in isolating the worst of both worlds.
Sun 29/08/04 at 21:27
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
To be honest, Windows may not have the best security in the world or the most stable. But it works, it's cheap, hardware is cheap, it's easy to use for even the most basic users and it's expandable.
The only other OS that i know of that is all that and more is MacOS X. (maybe not the cheap bit)
Sun 29/08/04 at 18:54
Regular
Uh-oh...
Sun 29/08/04 at 11:35
Regular
It was late at night.

My bad.

I only have one machine in my room, so basically, it's either Gentoo or nothing.
Sun 29/08/04 at 00:10
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I don't believe it! You've comepletely missed the point! Why not have a Windows AND a Linux machine?! Linux requires absolutely no processing power at all, you could run it on local school/business rejects!
Sat 28/08/04 at 23:39
Regular
It depends on what you want your computer to do.

If you want a hardcore gaming machine, Linux is a no go.
Sat 28/08/04 at 21:26
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
You all talk as if you can only have one or the other. I have my main computer, which runs Windows XP, and then an old computer I found (worth all of £20), which runs Linux just fine. Granted it's a server now, but it was a full desktop machine back in the day. I have the best of both worlds.

Fact is really, Linux is great, but if you have the kind of hardware I'm running in this computer, it's just a waste.
Sat 28/08/04 at 20:46
Regular
Elaborate on your question.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.