GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xavi Alonso"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/08/04 at 14:38
Regular
Apparently Liverpool are going to make a £10 million bid for this guy from Real Sociedad (sp? I don't care). I know nothing about him. Is he a Spanish regular? Is he any good? Does he like Joe Cole?

Someone go and Champ Manager and tell me what his stats are like :)

Edit: So it's XaBi. Never mind.
Tue 10/08/04 at 16:57
Regular
I decided to conduct the Ultimate Test to see if Xabi is any good. This is, of course, Pro Evolution Soccer 3.

So I played as Spain, against England. Xabi got off to a good start, munching Heskey. Soon I was 1-0 up, ironically through a Morientes goal. Hm, he'd be good at Liverpool, I thought...

Then tragedy struck, as an enthusiastic Xabi Alonso tackle led to Stevie G having to be subbed off. I liked this, because it means Xabi is good enough to break the hardest man in the Prem.

Later on, I went 2-0 up through a storming Xabi run (I was passing to Xabi at every oppurtunity in order to test him) that ended in a Raul goal.

The match was drawing to a close, and I was mightily pleased with Xabi when David Beckham was subbed off and they brought on The Joe Cole. This was a bad thing, I knew The Cole would score. True enough, Helguera chopped down Hargreaves in the box and Joey stepped up to make in 2-1. Then with 2 minutes left, Xabi made his first mistake! But this is understandable, he was trying to tackle the Mikey Owen dervish. Mikey breezed past him and forced the match into extra-time with a great strike. I pushed Xabi up into offensive midfield, heh. And it was a mistake, Xavi was not an adequate replacement at the back. I conceeded a corner from a Dyer run and Mikey popped up to head it in. I lost, but to Mikey and Joey Cole. I am OK with this.

Conclusive Xabi Alonso rating - Pretty good.
Tue 10/08/04 at 14:48
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Stryke wrote:

You can find the silver lining in any situation :)
---------------

=D
Tue 10/08/04 at 14:47
Regular
Virtuoso wrote:
>
> We may be getting rid of Hamman aswell in one fell swoop :)

--

You can find the silver lining in any situation :)
Tue 10/08/04 at 14:35
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Stryke wrote:

2 - I thought he was a DMC, not a creative midfielder?
---------------

We may be getting rid of Hamman aswell in one fell swoop :)
Tue 10/08/04 at 14:21
Regular
Jeez, that was fast.

[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/3552128.stm[/URL]

"Replacement for Danny Murphy?" :

1 - You can never replace The Murphy.

2 - I thought he was a DMC, not a creative midfielder?
Tue 10/08/04 at 13:50
Regular
I've got a question. How do you pronouce "Your captain's going to Madrid?"
Tue 10/08/04 at 13:46
Regular
"The Red Shift"
A lesson for those of you with some dificulties with foreign names.

Vieira = Vee-err-a
The second I is commonly misplaced. It is quite irritating to see people do it after having been told 20 or so times. Once again, VieIra.

Xavi (Barca) = Cha-vee
The X with the A turns into a "ch" sound and the V retains it's sound.

Xabi (Sociedad) = Ha-bee
Because (I believe) he is from a seperate section of Spain, The X with the A turns into a half-throaty "ha" and the B and I retain a "bee" sound.

Class dismissed. Ask any questions if you want.
:)
Mon 09/08/04 at 23:44
Regular
Banter :)
Mon 09/08/04 at 23:43
Regular
yes. i'd look out for his son Xabi Jesus too.
Mon 09/08/04 at 23:37
Regular
Very God player, eh? Hm, we could use some divine power. Sign him now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.