GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doom 3 Ro>

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/08/04 at 00:55
Regular
I've just played it and it is superb.

I have an AMD 2.4, 512 ram and a 9600 and I can run the game at 1280 x 1024 on medium specs with very little framerate drops. And even on these settings the graphics are the best you'll have ever seen.

Gameplay wise the game is s**t scary. Playing in a dark room, all alone, at half 12 in the morning doesn't help matters. At one stage it made me jump 3 times in about 2 minutes.

One of the features I like most is that you have a PDA that stores all your emails, facts, videos and everything on. You can hook it up to machines to download more emails and data etc. The interactivity is also brilliant. When you look at a control panel your crosshair turns into a mouse pointer making it great to select the functions.

Lighting is another thing I love about this game. You need to play the game to appreciate how good it is. The flashlight is also superb, and in a dark game like Doom 3, proves very useful.

[S]P.S. I shall be purchasing the legit copy on Friday :P I just couldn't wait.
Wed 04/08/04 at 17:19
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
My PC isn't good enough to play it, which sucks. Can't afford to upgrade it either so I'll just have to wait ages to play it......
Wed 04/08/04 at 12:35
Regular
"None Stored"
I'll be buying it when it's released, but I get to play it at the Edinburgh International Games Festival on Sunday.
Wed 04/08/04 at 07:06
Regular
No surprise there then.

I'll be picking this up in the states, most probably.
Wed 04/08/04 at 01:09
Regular
It comes out Friday?

By the way, it's already been slammed by The Daily Mail :)
Wed 04/08/04 at 00:55
Regular
I've just played it and it is superb.

I have an AMD 2.4, 512 ram and a 9600 and I can run the game at 1280 x 1024 on medium specs with very little framerate drops. And even on these settings the graphics are the best you'll have ever seen.

Gameplay wise the game is s**t scary. Playing in a dark room, all alone, at half 12 in the morning doesn't help matters. At one stage it made me jump 3 times in about 2 minutes.

One of the features I like most is that you have a PDA that stores all your emails, facts, videos and everything on. You can hook it up to machines to download more emails and data etc. The interactivity is also brilliant. When you look at a control panel your crosshair turns into a mouse pointer making it great to select the functions.

Lighting is another thing I love about this game. You need to play the game to appreciate how good it is. The flashlight is also superb, and in a dark game like Doom 3, proves very useful.

[S]P.S. I shall be purchasing the legit copy on Friday :P I just couldn't wait.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.