GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doom 3 Ro>

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/08/04 at 00:55
Regular
I've just played it and it is superb.

I have an AMD 2.4, 512 ram and a 9600 and I can run the game at 1280 x 1024 on medium specs with very little framerate drops. And even on these settings the graphics are the best you'll have ever seen.

Gameplay wise the game is s**t scary. Playing in a dark room, all alone, at half 12 in the morning doesn't help matters. At one stage it made me jump 3 times in about 2 minutes.

One of the features I like most is that you have a PDA that stores all your emails, facts, videos and everything on. You can hook it up to machines to download more emails and data etc. The interactivity is also brilliant. When you look at a control panel your crosshair turns into a mouse pointer making it great to select the functions.

Lighting is another thing I love about this game. You need to play the game to appreciate how good it is. The flashlight is also superb, and in a dark game like Doom 3, proves very useful.

[S]P.S. I shall be purchasing the legit copy on Friday :P I just couldn't wait.
Mon 09/08/04 at 09:28
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Erm what's AF ?

I've heard of AA (anti-aliasing), not AF.

On;

P4 2.6ghz
512mb ram
ATI Radeon 9800 (cooled and clocked at 420 core, 325 mem)
Creative 5.1 Soundblaste Live Digital

I can run on 1024x768 with no AA or V sync but everything else on. Tried High settings but it was noticeably jerky, going to play around with settings etc more today as I didn't have time over the weekend.
Sun 08/08/04 at 23:07
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Alexrose1uk wrote:
> Should run nicely on my setup though:
> Athlon 2.8 GHz
> 512MB Ram
> N-Force 2 Dolby 5.1 Sound
> Radeon 9800Pro 128MB Graphics Card

Same as me but I have 1Gb RAM. You will be able to get 1280x1024 in medium Quality, maybe best to run at 1024x768. Dont go for high quality as opening doors into new areas is jerky, because high quality is for 256Mb cards. You want to tweak the config as well so you can enable AF as that is not enabled in medium quality and isnt an option to turn on at all in the game.
Sun 08/08/04 at 16:09
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
ßulle†† wrote:
> It'll be out on Xbox soone enough.
>
> Unless you don't have an Xbox, in which case you will have to
> wait ages :S

Heh. The Xbox version is meant to suffer some bad frame rate problems. If you can, get it on pc.

Should run nicely on my setup though:
Athlon 2.8 GHz
512MB Ram
N-Force 2 Dolby 5.1 Sound
Radeon 9800Pro 128MB Graphics Card

:D
Fri 06/08/04 at 20:10
Regular
I have a Ti4600, but on a P4 2.8HT.

Runs FarCry as good as i need it to.

I'm not all about the highest settings anymore - my money can be better spent elsewhere.
Fri 06/08/04 at 09:21
Regular
"Captain to you."
i have a 2.4 pentium 4 but only a geforce 4 ti4600 not the greatest graphics card but runs like a dream. well pretty good anyway. 40-50 fps on high settings with v-sync off. a great game and jumpy.
Thu 05/08/04 at 18:48
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
I've only got a 1.4 Gzh prosessor, but Far Cry worked really surprisingly well on a low res with medium/high graphics. All you need is an ok graphics card and a bit of RAM (I got 630mb) and you'll be ok. Of course...min specs just mean it will run without blowing up or not starting at all.
Thu 05/08/04 at 11:32
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Doubt it will play than as min spec is 1.5 Ghz, 384Mb RAM and a 64Mb graphics card min Geforce 3 MX440.
Thu 05/08/04 at 10:40
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Can't remember the spec exactly. On my laptop right now.

I think its probably around 1Ghz pentium processor with a pretty bog standard graphics card.

I was going to upgrade a while back (To play far cry) but I would have had to get a new motherboard as well as a new graphics card which I just can't afford right now. Will probably borrow it from a mate to see if it works or just go round to his house and check it out when its released.
Thu 05/08/04 at 10:30
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
AliBoy wrote:
> My PC isn't good enough to play it, which sucks. Can't afford to
> upgrade it either so I'll just have to wait ages to play it......

Whats your spec? Because the min specs are pretty low for it, of course with low specs comes low graphics.
Thu 05/08/04 at 06:24
Regular
It'll be out on Xbox soone enough.

Unless you don't have an Xbox, in which case you will have to wait ages :S

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.