GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Championship, League 1, 2 ect... (Div 1, 2, 3)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 31/07/04 at 11:02
Regular
"360: swfcman"
For starters, let me say i hate this new way to name the leagues. Calling them Division 1, 2 and 3 made alot more sense. None the less...

Its nearly that time again! The season for us lot kicks off next weekend, after, for me, what seemed like a long summer, and i for one cant wait for the season to start.

As always, i have my season ticket and im pretty confident of what The Owls can achieve this season, im just hoping this season can be the one where the rot stops, and we gain promotion. We have a whole new team almost. We released 15 players last season, and signed 11 this, including ex Southampton captain Chrissy Marsden, and then a squad of good young players who all look the part to go with him

We have 2 friendlies left against the Bolton and Everton, and in our previous friendlies we have looked good.

I know there are a number of you lot who support teams in the lower leagues, so lets not let this forum be over run by Premiership talk and such. After all, our clubs are just as important as the bigger clubs.

So what are your hopes and fears for the new season? Who you looking forward to playing the most?

Up the Owls!!

--------------------------------------------

The Owls are goin' up!!! The Owls are goin' up!!! The Owls are goin' up!!!
Page:
Sun 25/09/05 at 11:55
Regular
"Ruddie1"
Oswaldo! wrote:

> But if a player-manager steps down from his position, as Tinnion did,
> does that also mean he's left Ashton Gate as a player?

Tinnion stopped being a player manager half way through last season, i would have liked to see him stay at the club as a coach though.
Sat 24/09/05 at 21:00
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I was quite glad to see Brian Tinnion step down as manager, even if it took a humiliating 7-1 defeat at home for him to finally realise he's not up to the job. Just yet.

The man had no experience, it was always a huge gamble, I suppose. He was given it on a God-like reputation he's grown here in Bristol. Still, I suppose selling two of your best strikers doesn't help things (Lita and Heffernan). And when you bring in Michael Bridges and Marcus Stewart, and you're STILL not scoring any goals... That doesn't say much either, does it. :S

I'd like to see him back some time in the future though. Maybe he could take up a coaching role for now?

But if a player-manager steps down from his position, as Tinnion did, does that also mean he's left Ashton Gate as a player?

Gary Johnson though, that really made me smile! He was the one man I wanted for the job, given my limited knowledge of lower-league football management - although, Dennis Wise was linked with the job, you know!
Johnson's done an incredible job with Yeovil, taking them from the Conference and onwards for the Championship. He was always set for bigger things after this feat but I remained shocked, while also delighted, to see him leave the club at this stage in the season.

While the clubs agreed a compensation fee and Johnson's set for higher wages at Ashton Gate, technically, he's moved DOWN the table, given the two teams' league positionings. ;)
Fri 23/09/05 at 21:32
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Cong_Man wrote:
> Well, a 3-1 victory in the only league game last night, means we move
> up to a, considerably better, but still quite poor 13th place. Plus
> we have to play Swansea at the weekend. erk.

Ah another Forest Fan I share your pain.

Thankfully I wasn't one of the "We'll get promoted straight back" brigade and was utterly ashamed of the people who were making fools of themselves pre season who were going round telling everyone how we were too big a club for this league and will slaughter everyone this season.

We used to be a big club, very few teams have won yet alone retained the European Cup however that was over 25 years ago and we have to realise that those days are well gone and our priority is to get back into the Championship and dare I say it the Premiership. The former is reality, the latter at the minute is fantasy.

I hope that we now realise that League 1 teams aren't intimidated coming to the City Ground and playing in front of 20,000+ crowds (all credit to the fans who haven't stayed away even though the ticket prices are way too high at £22+ per game) and that we need to respect the opposition and not assume that they will be walkovers. Scunthorpe, Barnsley, Swindon are testiment to that.

After a disasterous start we are starting to play like we should but are certainally not way ahead of the rest, OK I would say we are in the top 6 best teams in League 1 but that means nothing if we don't play like we should - West Ham and Wigan are a good example, on paper they are 2 of the worst (if not the 2 worst) teams in the Premiership yet both are way above relegation which is what people expected before the season started.

I believe we will be in the play offs at least come the end of the season but it's far from a god given right. All I can say is I hope the teams who deserve to be playing Championship football next season are. If Forest aren't one of them because they don't deserve to be then I certainally won't be complaining.
Fri 23/09/05 at 21:18
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Leeds vs Ipswich this weekend. I'm predicting 0-0 / 0-1 to Ips.

Basts.
Wed 21/09/05 at 15:52
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Rotherham 0-2 leeds
Go richard cresswall, his first goals for us I believe.
Wed 21/09/05 at 13:53
Regular
"..."
Well, a 3-1 victory in the only league game last night, means we move up to a, considerably better, but still quite poor 13th place. Plus we have to play Swansea at the weekend. erk.
Wed 21/09/05 at 11:51
Regular
"360: swfcman"
The score came up at Hillsborough last night at half time 3-1 and the crowed just laughed. Came up again towards the end of the game when it was 6-3 and there was a long "oooooooooooooooo" by everyone.
Wed 21/09/05 at 09:58
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Ahah, I was celebrating itat first. Then my mum kept shouting up the scores and it got progressively more embarassing.
Tue 20/09/05 at 21:43
Regular
Think I'm gonna leave before Foreman gets me. :-[ We lost 8-3.
Tue 20/09/05 at 20:32
Regular
Wycombe 3-1 Aston Villa.

Going good so far. 8-)
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.