GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Championship, League 1, 2 ect... (Div 1, 2, 3)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 31/07/04 at 11:02
Regular
"360: swfcman"
For starters, let me say i hate this new way to name the leagues. Calling them Division 1, 2 and 3 made alot more sense. None the less...

Its nearly that time again! The season for us lot kicks off next weekend, after, for me, what seemed like a long summer, and i for one cant wait for the season to start.

As always, i have my season ticket and im pretty confident of what The Owls can achieve this season, im just hoping this season can be the one where the rot stops, and we gain promotion. We have a whole new team almost. We released 15 players last season, and signed 11 this, including ex Southampton captain Chrissy Marsden, and then a squad of good young players who all look the part to go with him

We have 2 friendlies left against the Bolton and Everton, and in our previous friendlies we have looked good.

I know there are a number of you lot who support teams in the lower leagues, so lets not let this forum be over run by Premiership talk and such. After all, our clubs are just as important as the bigger clubs.

So what are your hopes and fears for the new season? Who you looking forward to playing the most?

Up the Owls!!

--------------------------------------------

The Owls are goin' up!!! The Owls are goin' up!!! The Owls are goin' up!!!
Page:
Thu 09/06/05 at 16:01
Regular
Yup, heard that too. If its the case and he doesnt look like hes anywhere near fit, cant see us signing him. We released Matt Hamshaw the day after the final. Hes an excellent player, but spends half the season in the treatment room and so got released.

With the new transfer window coming into place on our clubs, no one can afford to have players like that in the squad.
Thu 09/06/05 at 13:54
Regular
"..."
Pro Evo wrote:
> And apparently we are after their player Adam Nowland? Not sure what
> to make of that.
>
> Cant see us paying a fee for him, considering we have no money.

He's a good player from what I've seen, although so far in his career, he's been injured for about 95% of every season.
Thu 09/06/05 at 00:14
Regular
Sure, it took our wage bill from £2 million to £3 million, but we have little to spend on actual funds. £27 million in debt remember.

Sturrocks a genius though, we dont need money :)

Though some cash would help....
Wed 08/06/05 at 22:05
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
Pro Evo wrote:
> And apparently we are after their player Adam Nowland? Not sure what
> to make of that.
>
> Cant see us paying a fee for him, considering we have no money.

I'm sure he wouldn't cost alot, and his wages wouldn't be too high either.

Didn't you get any money from your Promotion? :/
Wed 08/06/05 at 22:01
Regular
And apparently we are after their player Adam Nowland? Not sure what to make of that.

Cant see us paying a fee for him, considering we have no money.
Wed 08/06/05 at 21:34
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
Poor, poor, Nottingham Forest looks like no one wants to join them. :D

[URL]http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=283235&cpid=11&CLID=&lid=5&title=Freddy+rejects+Forest+link&channel=League_1[/URL]

:D
Wed 08/06/05 at 15:37
Regular
Nope, thats fine, infact i welcome it.

I get annoyed when ourselves and the Pigs are reffered to as Sheffield, so i'll do well to remember its Nott'm Forest in future.
Wed 08/06/05 at 14:03
Regular
"..."
Pro Evo wrote:
> Notts Forest

Sorry to be anal...but Notts is an abbreviation of Nottignhamshire. The correct abbreviation is Nott'm Forest.

Thankyou.
Wed 08/06/05 at 01:47
Regular
I really hope, more for Leeds sakes than Mr Bate's, that all this spending for them pays off. For a club thats got worse debts than us to be spending all this cash and for then to fail, it could be bad.

Plus remember, while Blackwell proved to be a good coach at the Pigs, and did pretty decent with a new group last season, hes still unproven.

The last thing Leeds need is to do a "Man City/Sheff Wed/Notts Forest" and go down. And its going to be a really tough league next season. Not many teams that are going to be push overs.
Tue 07/06/05 at 20:10
Regular
"tokyo police club"
If Leeds can get some of their dodgy sounding butr actually mint players, I'll be happy.

I reckon that Raziac will go to West Ham, though. Probably.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.