GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DS - Abandon ship!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/02/05 at 09:35
Regular
"and PC user"
Latest figures from Japan show the DS sales slowing to a crawl, while PSP keeps on pushing ahead. Infact, although DS was launched in Japan before PSP, the hard fact is that now PSP has overtaken the Nintendo DS.

Units sold
249,000 DS
267,000 PSP

Nintendo need to do some thing fast if they want to stay in the game. In Japan, Nintendo should be able to crush Sony, but it appears they can't, even remembering DS was launched before PSP there.

If the trend is repeated world wide, and Sony PSP continue's to increase it's lead, where will that leave DS? Being pushed into 2nd place world wide is a real possibility now, which would in turn have an effect on developers who want to design for the most used system. Add to that the low number of Nintendo GameCube's, an we have to ask, what is the future for Nintendo?
Wed 09/02/05 at 18:47
"Tesco value"
can pick up a PSP FOR £195 including P+P from ebay

again, my only fear, and one I have nightmares about

DEAD PIXELS

want one with the new samsung screen too!

should I get it or not?
Wed 09/02/05 at 19:49
Regular
"boom boom click"
bought my DS before christmas off ebay and stayed up worring about dead pixel but i was fine!
Wed 09/02/05 at 23:29
Regular
Gadget boy wrote:
> Also why has the PSP hardware sales gone up 10,000 a week for the last
> 3 weeks while the DS sales have stagnated.

Because PSP's have only recently become avalible, so people who wanted one can at last get them. Whilst the DS has had no problems with the amount of consoles.

Soon the PSP sales will stagnate too, and the real winner of the launch period will come to light (can the PSP sell a million in a few weeks?) whilst we can then concentrate on round 2.
Thu 10/02/05 at 00:18
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Ninjax wrote:
> stayed up worring about dead pixel but i was fine!

Oh dear..
Thu 10/02/05 at 00:21
Regular
You really are an utter troll, Macintosh.

Go and whinge in the PS2 forum if you love Sony so much. Stop trying to dishearten people in here.
Thu 10/02/05 at 01:42
Regular
"Touched!"
This whole thread is pointless and I don't see why the mods are allowing this to go on, they are just trying to get people in the Ninty forum into arguements, to be honest I for one don't really care how well the PSP is doing. And if I did I'd be posting in the PS2 forum. Shame some tards on these forums don't know which forum to post in.

I mean come on..do you really think Nintendo will just flop when they've held the handheld market for so long? I hardly think the PSP will end Nintendo like some fanboys seem to think.
Thu 10/02/05 at 01:47
Regular
"8==="
Robin wrote:
> can pick up a PSP FOR £195 including P+P from ebay
>
>
> again, my only fear, and one I have nightmares about
>
>
> DEAD PIXELS
>
> want one with the new samsung screen too!
>
>
> should I get it or not?

No, get a console and loads of games instead.
Thu 10/02/05 at 11:21
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> I mean come on..do you really think Nintendo will just flop when
> they've held the handheld market for so long?

Thats exactly what happened to Nintendo home consoles when the Playstation was released! Nintendo ruled the world with the NES and SNES and it only took Sony a couple of years to crush them.
Thu 10/02/05 at 11:22
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Not that I want the DS to go the same way may I add!
Thu 10/02/05 at 11:30
Regular
Robin wrote:
> can pick up a PSP FOR £195 including P+P from ebay
>
>
> again, my only fear, and one I have nightmares about
>
>
> DEAD PIXELS
>
> want one with the new samsung screen too!
>
>
> should I get it or not?

Wait for the US release. US PSP's will be manufactured with the Samsung screens.

Importmadness are doing a bunch of offers, it's where I preordered mine with 3 games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.