GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DS - Abandon ship!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/02/05 at 09:35
Regular
"and PC user"
Latest figures from Japan show the DS sales slowing to a crawl, while PSP keeps on pushing ahead. Infact, although DS was launched in Japan before PSP, the hard fact is that now PSP has overtaken the Nintendo DS.

Units sold
249,000 DS
267,000 PSP

Nintendo need to do some thing fast if they want to stay in the game. In Japan, Nintendo should be able to crush Sony, but it appears they can't, even remembering DS was launched before PSP there.

If the trend is repeated world wide, and Sony PSP continue's to increase it's lead, where will that leave DS? Being pushed into 2nd place world wide is a real possibility now, which would in turn have an effect on developers who want to design for the most used system. Add to that the low number of Nintendo GameCube's, an we have to ask, what is the future for Nintendo?
Tue 08/02/05 at 11:25
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
**SALES FIGURES UPDATE**

This week: Morphy Richards sell more toasters than Tefal and Hotpoint sell more washing machines than Zanussi!!!11
Tue 08/02/05 at 11:27
Regular
omgomgomgomg.

*throws away freshly brought Zannussi washing machine*

Gotta give it up now!
Tue 08/02/05 at 11:30
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Hotpoint are where it's at man. Zanussi are finished.
Tue 08/02/05 at 11:40
Regular
My Zanussi goes 0-60 spins in less than 20 seconds, beat that Hotpoint n00b!
Tue 08/02/05 at 11:58
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Yea, but the Hotpoint has a bigger capacity and looks nicer (but the energy efficiency sucks big time).
Tue 08/02/05 at 12:05
Regular
I'll just take my Whirlpool elsewhere then. Don't want you FANBOYS sabotaging it.
Tue 08/02/05 at 12:25
Regular
"Two year break!"
Facts are facts I guess but I think the DS has been selling pretty respectably.

Truth is that although they're both handhelds, it's perfectly possible that they'll co-exist very much like the PS2 or Xbox.

If anything the PSP sales are a sigh of relief rather than an apparent kicking in the face of the DS.
Tue 08/02/05 at 12:35
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Plus it's been out for a lot less time. As WS said if it wans't selling well, then that'd be very strange

+

My Braun pressure cooker will own you all.
Tue 08/02/05 at 13:00
Regular
"thursdayton!"
gamesfreak wrote:
> Post reported.
>
> Troll.
Tue 08/02/05 at 13:26
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
They are Japanese sales figures for 2005 you quoted aren't they? NOT Overall sales figures?

The DS is still ahead.

Look at the Latest Japanese charts as well.... if Sony are losing money for every PSP sold and it seems they aren't getting enough money through the thing that is most important, the PSP games! It is worrying for them...

1 PS2 Another Century's Episode Banpresto
2 PS2 Radiata Stories RPG Square Enix
3 GC Resident Evil 4 ADV Capcom
4 DS Yoshi Touch & Go ACT Nintendo
5 PS2 Digital Devil Saga: Avatar Tuner 2
6 PS2 Death by Degrees ACT Namco
7 PS2 Monster Hunter G ACT Capcom
8 PS2 Gran Turismo 4 Sony
9 DS Wario Ware: Touched! Nintendo
10 DS Super Mario 64 DS Nintendo

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.