GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Little Site Design Help"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/07/04 at 15:42
Regular
"Bicycle"
Looking to achieve a box layout, center page. I don't want to use frames or iFrames, but I do want to define a specific height that can be bordered and scrolled within. However, it can, instead of scrolling, just continue to the side, in columns.
Mon 26/07/04 at 11:56
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
gamesfreak wrote:
> A Web Designers worst nightmare: Internet Explorer.

Er...I think you're forgetting the existance of Netscape Navigator - what a horrible piece of crud, nothing ever worked in it!
Mon 26/07/04 at 11:38
Regular
A Web Designers worst nightmare: Internet Explorer.
Mon 26/07/04 at 11:10
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Without being unkind to Coin, I think we've established he isn't a professional web-developer. I've made sites that use JS without knowing what the DOM was (though I didn't charge for them), and I'm still only hazy on it's details.
Sun 25/07/04 at 23:43
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Miserableman wrote:
> I'm sure there was a period in your life when you knew what
> Javascript was without knowing anything about any 'DOM'.

Yes of course, when I was a mere casual web user, but he claims to be making money from web design! I learnt JavaScript before my first work was ever comissioned!
Sun 25/07/04 at 22:30
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Miserableman wrote:
> Turbonutter wrote:
> Um.
>
> How can you know what JS is and not know what the DOM is?
>
> I'm sure there was a period in your life when you knew what
> Javascript was without knowing anything about any 'DOM'.

Well seeing that JS is tied to the DOM then you'd automatically come across DOM whilst learning JS or any form of scripting.

So no, there is never a point where soneone who knows JS wouldn't know what DOM was or is.
Sun 25/07/04 at 22:24
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Turbonutter wrote:
> Um.
>

I'm sure there was a period in your life when you knew what Javascript was without knowing anything about any 'DOM'.
Sun 25/07/04 at 22:12
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Tyla wrote:
> CSS-P

Ah, that would be that new class of Phi11ip friendly CSS, that's what the P stands for btw.

It's great, no matter what you do, the results will always be the same in all browsers and it automatically makes up for stupid errors that you make such as inbred typos.

Oh and until now I've never ever heard of a 'document object model' if that's what it is?
Sun 25/07/04 at 21:57
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Turbonutter wrote:
> Um.
>

Lolage, and he gets paid for this apparently!;)
Sun 25/07/04 at 13:50
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Um.

How can you know what JS is and not know what the DOM is?
Sun 25/07/04 at 02:51
Regular
"Bicycle"
Tyla wrote:
> The thing to remeber is that the most powerful way to use CSS is to
> combine it by using JS and the DOM

The DOM?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.