GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Friendlies Updates Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/07/04 at 21:36
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
I'm making this thread for fans of EVERY club to Update us on your teams Friendly performances/results. This will possibly give us all an insight as to how your team are doing, and whether or not they can take that into their respective League performances.
Wed 21/07/04 at 21:36
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
I'm making this thread for fans of EVERY club to Update us on your teams Friendly performances/results. This will possibly give us all an insight as to how your team are doing, and whether or not they can take that into their respective League performances.
Wed 21/07/04 at 21:45
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Liverpool 2 - 1 Wrexham

Le Tallec bagged both
Wed 21/07/04 at 21:55
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Wrexham 1 - 2 Liverpool
---

1st Half: This was more a half of "Finding your feet", as regards to a few of our players. The man we will all focus on, Cisse, I would give 7.5/10. He was found offisde 5 times, but this was more due to Wrexham pushing up the field; an interesting prospect if anyone wishes to carry on doing that, BECAUSE... Cisse showed great bursts of pace, and in one instance, started about 2 yards behind a chasing defender, yet still breezed past him to claim the ball, only for the Linesman to call Offside.

Wrexham took the lead through Sam (I think it was, anyway), from a corner on 20mins. A corner which he rose to head home, which may have been more to do with Liverpool being caught on the back foot, but a deserved goal nevertheless, as neither side at that time looked like grabbing the game by the balls.

4mins later, Le Tallec equalised. Biscan (who, by the way, was man-of-the-match in the first half) won possesion from a Wrexham player in the half-way point, ran half-way up the Wrexham half, and from 25 yards out, unleashed a really good shot on another day, would have gone in. Wrexham's goalie was equal to it though, and tipped it onto the post, only for the young and very aware Le Tallec to tap in.

Not much left to talk about in the first half, except one piece of genius from Cisse were, near the corner flag, won the ball, kicked it up once or twice, and then acrobatically overhead kicked it for a cross, only for nobody to be equal to his intentions.
---1st half: 1-1---

The 2nd half saw a multitude of changes, with only Le Tallec surviving the half-time substitutes. Apart from Dudek, Risse, Diao, Pongolle, and Le Tallec, the rest of the team consisted of reserve team players; most notably, Otsemeboor, and Steven Warnock.

The second half team were actually a lot better than the first, and this surely was the enjoyable, passing, fluid, attacking play that Benitez hopes to see as a regular at Premiership games. Darren Potter had a great game, as did Warnock, the latter of whom, had no qualms about going in on 2 meaty challenges, both of which, he won the ball fairly.

During the whole fluidity of the teams performance, many chances were created. Pongolle had a few good chances - 2 of which, he made himself - but sadly couldn't hit the back of the net. Better was to come from him though, when on 78Mins, he picked the ball up about 40 yards from goal, and had 2 defenders to beat. First one, he shimmied left-and-right to wrong foot the defender, and took at past him. Second one, he rounded with pace, and left the defender for dead, and still had the pace to take himself in to the box, with only him and the goalie for company. With the keeper not committing himself too much, Pongolle squared it towards the edge of the box for Le Tallec, who sent the keeper the wrong way with a powerful side-foot, which nestled in the far-bottom corner.

After that, Liverpool continued to impose themselves, continuing to create numerous chances; the best one, falling to Le Tallec again, only for him to be brought down as he ran into the box. The ref waved play-on.

The game gradually began to peter out with about 10mins left, and this saw Wrecham begin to put their foot on the ball; a trait not seen at all since the first half. The only carved out one chance though; a free-kick which cliiped the corner of the bar to go out for a Goalkick. With that, the referee decided that he'd seen enough, and the 2-1 Victory was Liverpool's.

---Full Time: Wrexham 1 - 2 Liverpool---

In summing up, Benitez must surely be proud of this match; the performance more than the result, but this is a great way to start your managerial position with a win. A great performance from the Academy lads, and this will surely give Benitez food for thought; something which he himself must be pleased with.
Wed 21/07/04 at 21:58
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Word count boost
Wed 21/07/04 at 21:59
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Think my review was better : P
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Thanks, it's nice to be appreciated when you took the time to TYPE IT ALL OUT YOURSELF.
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Anonymous wrote:

Think my review was better : P
---------

I watched it though, I let them imagine the match for themselves :D
Wed 21/07/04 at 22:00
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Virtuoso wrote:
> Anonymous wrote:
>
> Think my review was better : P
> ---------
>
> I watched it though, I let them imagine the match for themselves :D

Yeah i was watching it for a while
Wed 21/07/04 at 22:28
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
I still await Alec's apology for claiming I didn't type report myself.

[EDIT: ;) ]
Thu 22/07/04 at 21:33
Regular
As quoted from Arsenal.com:
Arsenal began their pre-season tour with a 3-2 win at Maribor on Thursday night.

The visitors stormed into an early lead through Dennis Bergkamp and Jeremie Aliaidere but they were pegged back in the second half through Milan Rakic.

As the game wore on, Arsenal became a little ragged - they are over here to get fit after all - but they deserved their victory. Substitute Robin Van Persie's late header seemed to have sealed the win before Rakic popped up with a second just before time to make this friendly interesting until the end.

Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger named a young side, similar to the one that secured a 10-1 win at Barnet on Saturday. The Euro 2004 players are yet to return to training.

The visitors were ahead after only four minutes. Jose Antonio Reyes whipped in a near-post cross and keeper Tomaz Murko, under pressure from Jeremie Aliadiere, could only palm the ball out to the edge of the area. Bergkamp collected and finished with aplomb into the top of the net.

The Dutchman is just starting, what is expected to be, his final season before retirement.

It is doubtful he will be afforded the send-off Maribor's Marinko Sarkezi received seven minutes after the goal. The 32-year-old defender was playing his last game after joining the Slovenian side seven years ago. He was substituted in the 11th minute and, as he trotted off, he posed for photographers holding a large framed pictured. It held up the game for several minutes but the crowd did not seem to mind and roared their appreciation.

Despite the interruption, a pacy, sharp-looking Arsenal side were well in control. In the 17th minute Jermaine Pennant sent over a rising right-wing cross and Aliadiere leapt high before meeting in with a powerful downward header. Murko got a toe to it but could not prevent the ball tricking over the line.

Midway through the half, Reyes was fouled in the D of the Maribor area. Bergkamp cheekily planted the ball in the unguarded net and the home defence organised themselves however referee Peter Sart order a re-take and this time the Dutchman fired wide.

Bergkamp was starting to pull the strings. In the 33rd, he flicked the ball over the Maribor defence for Francesc Fabregas to collect. His shot was half-smothered by Murko and the ball looked like running out for a corner. However, the lively Reyes raced through and flicked a dangerous ball across the face of goal before Zikica Vuksanovic cleared.

At this point, the sum of Maribor's effort had been a ninth-minute free-kick that flashed well wide of Manuel Almunia's right-hand upright.

On the stroke of half time Milan Rakic sent another free-kick well wide of the other upright.

Wenger made changes at the break. Stuart Taylor, Sebastian Svard, Marco Ne and Emmanuel Boure came on for Almunia, Gilberto, Fabregas and Gael Clichy respectively.

There was no sign of a comeback at the start of the second half. Bergkamp nearly added to his tally five minutes after the break but Vuksanovic blocked his near-post volley.

However Maribor came back into matters after that. Vuksanovic nodded over a free-kick from Peter Franci. Then, just past the hour, Rakic stooped in the area to plant home a close-range header from Ales Ceh's corner

The home crowd, who had been quiet in the first half, were awake again. Six minutes later, the comeback was almost complete when Andrejs Kvas thumped the base of Taylor's left-hand post with a snap-shot.

Aliadiere should have poked Arsenal back in front soon afterwards but his effort drifted wide. The Frenchman made way for Van Persie with 21 minutes left and the Dutchman got on the scoresheet late on to seal the victory. Pennant, as against Barnet looking penetrative, sent over a steeping cross from the right and Van Persie guided his header just inside the post.

However Maribor were not finished and Rakic thumped home a low free-kick in the 86th minute.

They pushed for an equaliser in injury time but Van Persie came closest to scoring his rising half-volley flew narrowly over the bar.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.