GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've changed my mind"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/07/04 at 13:03
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Just a quick apology.

I've changed my mind about mac's. They're really not as bad as I thought, and well, they're actually the greatest invention I've ever had the privilege to touch.

Yes, it was wrong of me to be so judgemental without -ever- using a mac beforehand... so I apologise. I should never have been so close-minded and quick to judge.

I guess, you know.. I've just been so biased, basing my judgements on my own false misconceptions when in all honesty, Mac's are so useful, and hell, I think in some ways they're better than PC's. *coughs and splutters*

So yes, I'm sorry. They're actually -quite good-.
Sun 18/07/04 at 21:18
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Turbonutter wrote:
> Oh, because it LOOKS nice? I see!

You know nothing.
Sun 18/07/04 at 19:23
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Turbonutter wrote:
> Timmargh wrote:
> Tyla wrote:
> I've just accepted a new job which will involve ne having a rather
> sexy new G5 with matching TFT all to myself!
>
> Please tell me it's not one of the new aluminium screens ...
>
> If it is I may have to kill you and steal it.
>
>
>
> Oh, because it LOOKS nice? I see!
>
> And that, my friends, is why we hate Macs

If it were personal choice, I probably would go with the stereotyped designer approach with Macs "it looks nice", but the machine is for work purely for the reason of function and power.

Ive spent the last 5 years using PC's for design (as well as being restricted to a M$ development environment) and in all honesty, other than for web design, they're crap.

I need something with stability, masses of flexibility and power, and although I could have gone with Linux, why bother when OSX is basically UNIX. And best of all, Im not paying for it, which is also another bonus.
Sun 18/07/04 at 19:15
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
unknown kernel wrote:
> And anyone who has experienced the sound 'quality' of an iPod will
> know that Apple/broadsheet journalist hype isn't always all it's
> cracked up to be.

The sound quality improves 10 fold once you remove the EEC volume restriction. iPod hacking r0x0r!
Sun 18/07/04 at 17:00
Regular
"Freeola Support"
You have to admit in earlier versions of the MAC programs like photoshop were more powerful and they are quite dedicated at giving their users very powerful software (often scaring off other Publishers of software)
Sun 18/07/04 at 14:40
Regular
"relocated"
Turbonutter wrote:
> And for the record, Macs really are a waste of good plastic.

Phew, I was waiting for the 'ha ha suckers!' post :)

Never used OSX myself although it looks nice. I just don't like the idea of Macs - selling your entire soul to one company. Apple are the ultimate brand; and the funny thing is that the kind of freethinking people who sneer at Gap, Nike or Starbucks are exactly the kind of people who become slavish Mac drones, buying everything with the word Apple on it - and then call everyone else 'sheep'. Fanboyism is never a good idea.

And anyone who has experienced the sound 'quality' of an iPod will know that Apple/broadsheet journalist hype isn't always all it's cracked up to be.
Sun 18/07/04 at 13:33
Regular
A PC with Linux installed on it.
Sun 18/07/04 at 11:26
Regular
"Freeola Support"
All OS's have there good and bad points (apart from Windows ME where its all bad points), I would really have to try OSX to comment on the latest series of Mac's.
Sun 18/07/04 at 10:40
Regular
"Wasting away"
What a sick world we live in.

Where one cannot accept that Macs rule.
Sun 18/07/04 at 10:12
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
What's that word... oh, owned.

Dar's been using the guest account on my lappy :p
Sun 18/07/04 at 02:16
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Timmargh wrote:
> Tyla wrote:
> I've just accepted a new job which will involve ne having a rather
> sexy new G5 with matching TFT all to myself!
>
> Please tell me it's not one of the new aluminium screens ...
>
> If it is I may have to kill you and steal it.

Oh, because it LOOKS nice? I see!

And that, my friends, is why we hate Macs.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.