GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've changed my mind"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/07/04 at 13:03
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Just a quick apology.

I've changed my mind about mac's. They're really not as bad as I thought, and well, they're actually the greatest invention I've ever had the privilege to touch.

Yes, it was wrong of me to be so judgemental without -ever- using a mac beforehand... so I apologise. I should never have been so close-minded and quick to judge.

I guess, you know.. I've just been so biased, basing my judgements on my own false misconceptions when in all honesty, Mac's are so useful, and hell, I think in some ways they're better than PC's. *coughs and splutters*

So yes, I'm sorry. They're actually -quite good-.
Tue 20/07/04 at 13:35
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
But the G5 chips cost SO much more money, that the fact is, your average AMD computer for the same price will out perform the G5 chips via brute strength, whether the G5 has a more efficient architecture or not!

But that's not the point.

The POINT is, OSX is a minority operating system, and while there are only one or two things you can get on OSX that you can't get on Windows, there are hundreds of things you can get on Windows but can't get on a Mac. I survey all that I use here today, and I immediately see mIRC and Winamp, both are excellent pieces of software which are unavailable on OSX. Great, I can use iTunes or Xchat, but let's face it. they're just crap compared to their Windows counterparts.

The list doesn't stop there either.

So yeah, if you're a designer/whatever and you want to be using software like Photoshop, Lightwave, Word etc ONLY - then maybe a Mac is for you. They might be faster, they'll definitely be more stable, blah blah blah. However, if you're a serious computer user like me with a lot of work to do, then purchasing an Apple Mac would just be suicide.
Tue 20/07/04 at 03:39
"I love yo... lamp."
Turbonutter wrote:
> Timmargh wrote:
> Turbonutter wrote:
> Oh, because it LOOKS nice? I see!
>
> You know nothing.
>
>
> No, I know lots, that's why I don't like them.

You obviously don't know as much as you think you do. If you did, you would realise how much better Macs are at most things bar games. Wintel PCs are abominations, only saved by a large range of software and the ability to overclock.

Quality, not price, is more important for many people. As for speed, pure megahertz means nothing. AMD have shown that a better design can outperform faster processors. The G5s take that a step further still.
Tue 20/07/04 at 00:08
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
So what you mean is, you can build a faster PC than a Mac for the same money?
Mon 19/07/04 at 21:55
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Macs are gods gift to the computing world.

They are a bit costly compared to PC though. :(
Mon 19/07/04 at 21:44
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
No really, I don't care how you waste your money!
Mon 19/07/04 at 19:58
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Well, that's me told.

*puts iMac onto Ebay*

:^P
Mon 19/07/04 at 18:44
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Timmargh wrote:
> Turbonutter wrote:
> Oh, because it LOOKS nice? I see!
>
> You know nothing.

No, I know lots, that's why I don't like them.
Mon 19/07/04 at 18:20
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Afternoon wrote:
> Tyla wrote:
> I need something with stability, masses of flexibility and power,
> and
> although I could have gone with Linux, why bother when OSX is
> basically UNIX. And best of all, Im not paying for it, which is also
> another bonus.
> Well can't argue if your not paying for it else get OpenBSD or
> FreeBSD which are excellent alternatives.

You ever tried getting Photoshop for FreeBSD? And before anyone mentions GIMP, GIMP is not feasable as it's not up to standard for print
Mon 19/07/04 at 14:22
Regular
"Freeola Support"
Tyla wrote:
> I need something with stability, masses of flexibility and power, and
> although I could have gone with Linux, why bother when OSX is
> basically UNIX. And best of all, Im not paying for it, which is also
> another bonus.
Well can't argue if your not paying for it else get OpenBSD or FreeBSD which are excellent alternatives.
Sun 18/07/04 at 21:21
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Tyla wrote:
> Getting a 23" one!;)

:,^(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.