GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WWE IS RUBISH"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/07/04 at 17:33
Regular
Come on, wrestling is like watching a soap opera with people fighting.

I hate to say this to you but eat this

WRESTLING IS FAKE
WRESTLING IS RUBISH

they dont even really hit each other and its all scripted. if i were you i would watch some proper tv, not this 'sport-entertainment' trash
Mon 19/07/04 at 10:49
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
caz37 wrote:
> Have youm ever heard of the Timespliters 2 slogan
>
> 'Outnumbered, But never outguned'

Yes... Doesn't really apply here though...

> need i say any more

No. You have basically just ignored most of everyones posts anyway...
Mon 19/07/04 at 01:00
Regular
"you've got a beard"
caz37 wrote:
>
> need i say any more

not really, but i've an awful feeling that you're going to....

by the way caz, nice sidestepping of replying to all the posts that p!ss on your parade.... ;)
Sun 18/07/04 at 23:14
Regular
"Guess who..."
Can I get an Amen to that?
Sun 18/07/04 at 22:49
Regular
"One Man Landslide"
caz37 wrote:
> Have youm ever heard of the Timespliters 2 slogan
>
> 'Outnumbered, But never outguned'
>
> need i say any more

Yes, you might have to - not only have you completely failed to back up your argument, you're now throwing random quotes into this.

Get on and start making proper points, you pathetic little child, or leave this forum to those that can discuss things properly.
Sun 18/07/04 at 21:21
Regular
Jae wrote:
> Heh... Caz, I think it's about time you leave this debate. Face it -
> You're outnumbered and quite obviously an idiot who doesn't take in a
> damn thing anybody posts. You're asked perfectly clear questions, yet
> give totally unjustified responses.
>
> Do everyone a favour and don't post here again.

Have youm ever heard of the Timespliters 2 slogan

'Outnumbered, But never outguned'

need i say any more
Sun 18/07/04 at 18:48
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Heh... Caz, I think it's about time you leave this debate. Face it - You're outnumbered and quite obviously an idiot who doesn't take in a damn thing anybody posts. You're asked perfectly clear questions, yet give totally unjustified responses.

Do everyone a favour and don't post here again.
Sun 18/07/04 at 18:02
Regular
"One Man Landslide"
caz37 wrote:
> First the matrix has no stunt doubles, the real actors do the
> fighting

So the wrestlers don't? I see - they stand in the ring, but when it comes down to doing a move, they leave the ring in a flash of light for stunt doubles to do the moves.

> Cong woman, Yes I would rather watch watch paint dry than watch WWE
>
> thank you all for such a interesting debate

That's fine - showing you up for the retarded gimp-monkey you are rarely makes for a good debate, but I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Are you really this thick? You haven't addressed how the fights in the Matrix are more real than wrestling at all, merely stated how wrestling and the Matrix have similarities (we'll forget about the parts where it goes into CGI effects for now, caz). You've failed quite spectacularly to grasp that a.) you're an ignorant, self-loving fool, and b.) you're wrong.

Entitled to your opinion? Yes
Should your opinion be informed? Yes
Is your opinion informed? Absolutely not

How are the fights in the Matrix more real than wrestling? A proper answer would go down a treat this time, if you could engage your brain to produce one.
Sun 18/07/04 at 13:22
Regular
"you've got a beard"
caz37 wrote:
> First the matrix has no stunt doubles, the real actors do the
> fighting

*slap*
don't be stupid.
aside from anything else, the Matrix (and also LOTR) used fully cg'd characters for some of the more complex shots.
>
> Do any of you know anyone who has tried to do one of the wrestling
> moves on someone else, and that someone else ended up in hospital due
> to move gone wrong

not wrestlings fault.
that's why they have the warnings.
granted, professionals sometimes botch moves and hurt themselves and others (Lesnars blown SSP at WM20 and his F-5 to A-train spring to mind) but it's a very small percentage of the time as they know what they're doing.
>
> he's ok now but that shows that people just dont listen to those
> warning

again, that's not wrestlings fault.
if you know someone who chose to ignore the warnings then it's his own fault for being cretinous enough to think that wrestling is just something EVERYONE can do with no training.

i ask again caz, have YOU ever done any wrestling?
it really is the only way to prove that it may well be scripted and choreographed, but it certainly isn't fake. you can't fake taking bumps, you either hit the floor or you don't fall down. you can't fake lifting a person and slamming them onto their back, but you CAN learn to perform the moves safely and let the other guy sell it for you, therein lies the "entertainment" aspect. Boxers wear gloves so as not to cause serious injury and wrestlers use showmanship, yet you're not trolling the sports forum saying how boxing isn't as real as it should be.
Pro wrestlers work far more than you can possibly fathom and put their bodies through these things night after night, without the training, conditioning and showmanship they wouldn't last 5 minutes. wrestling isn't pure sport, nor entertainment.. it's performance art.

besides, if wrestling spots were 100% completely real (as you seem to think we all believe) then you'd probably be in here berating us for supporting a brutal spectacle where people are pummelled with chairs and thrown from ladders with no regard for each others safety. well, wrestlers do get hit with chairs and do get thrown from stupid heights (vic grimes anyone?) but it's always as controlled and safe as it can possibly be (when vic grimes hit the canvas he was instantly swamped with officials checking his condition)

the bottom line is that this isn't even a debate as you've already made your little mind up about it all without really knowing anything about it.
Sun 18/07/04 at 11:03
Regular
First the matrix has no stunt doubles, the real actors do the fighting

Do any of you know anyone who has tried to do one of the wrestling moves on someone else, and that someone else ended up in hospital due to move gone wrong

he's ok now but that shows that people just dont listen to those warning

Cong woman, Yes I would rather watch watch paint dry than watch WWE

thank you all for such a interesting debate
Sun 18/07/04 at 08:47
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
Very_Metal wrote:
> *appluads Cong Woman for her fine exit and goes back to praying for a
> Timmy Mallett comeback tour*

Well thank you Very Metal.. Takes a bow..

*Leaves again*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.