GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is WoW any good?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft'.
Mon 14/02/05 at 11:27
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I see it's slowly replacing CS:Source when I log into Xfire to see who's on. Downloaded a gameplay video and it was a little green man running through some trees for about 2 minutes, with not a lot happening. What do you do in it?
Tue 15/02/05 at 11:07
Regular
"8==="
Fantasy or not it's certainly more annoying.
Tue 15/02/05 at 11:47
Regular
Massively multiplayer games always seem to appeal to me, but I never get round to buying them (mainly because of the monthly fee and lack of a credit card). Always wanted to play Planetside.
Tue 15/02/05 at 11:52
Regular
"8==="
I hear the PS2 has some nice ones.

There's only PSO on xbox and that sucks.

If Galaxies comes out on xbox as rumoured then I may have to get it as I would like to play an MMORPG without too many technical issues, even if it had to be part of that satan blowing franchise.
Tue 15/02/05 at 12:10
Regular
Mode wrote:
> Massively multiplayer games always seem to appeal to me, but I never
> get round to buying them (mainly because of the monthly fee and lack
> of a credit card). Always wanted to play Planetside.

WoW accepts Switch and Solo :D

I'm using my Switch card.
Tue 15/02/05 at 13:37
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Goatboy wrote:
> It's down, much like Warcraft I'd imagine, to how you want to play.

It probably is. I do recall that when I grouped up and went on hunting missions, or a spot of Player Vs Players battling, I found the game allot more enjoyable, and I even came close to joining a guild at one time. But I’ve always proffered to go around solo, as I enjoy being left alone to explore each world. The trouble I had with Galaxies is, it didn’t really have anything interesting for me to find, so I ended up just sticking to doing boring hunting missions and joining groups when I could.

I also had no choice with the scouting profession. At the time, in order to become a Bounty Hunter you had to master both the Marksman and Scout professions. What got me was that not all of the skills you learnt where in any way enjoyable.

Also, regardless of how much I may dislike the game, the expansion pack is excellent. It remind me of the good old days of Lucasarts where games like X-Wing Vs Tie Fighter kept me playing for hours. I just wish they had it in the game a year ago, it may have kept me interested in Galaxies for a few more months.

> ? Never happened to me.
> It lags sometimes when you go to Coronet and there are tens of people
> spamming to sell stuff etc but that's to be expected.

I think the trouble is that I’m not only on an American Server, I’m also on one of the most popular. But the lag gets so bad it’s barely playable now. Outside in the open I can manage, but travelling through cities is an excruciating pain.

I’m getting some more RAM to see if that speeds things up, because despite being disappointed with the game in some areas, I still want to see what it’s like being a Bounty Hunter, as becoming one was my goal the very first time I began the game.
Tue 15/02/05 at 13:41
Regular
ßulle†† wrote:
> Mode wrote:
> Massively multiplayer games always seem to appeal to me, but I never
> get round to buying them (mainly because of the monthly fee and lack
> of a credit card). Always wanted to play Planetside.
>
> WoW accepts Switch and Solo :D
>
> I'm using my Switch card.

How old do you have to be to get either of these?
They are debit cards, arn't they?
Tue 15/02/05 at 14:09
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Mode wrote:
> Isn't Star Wars fantasy?
--

Sci-Fi.
I'd rather spend my time with droids, bounty hunters and tie-fighters than I would pixies, unicorns and wizards.
Each to their own
Tue 15/02/05 at 15:41
Regular
Mode wrote:
> How old do you have to be to get either of these?
> They are debit cards, arn't they?

Well i think you get Solo with a teenage account. HSBC do them I know.

I've had switch since I was 16/17.
Tue 15/02/05 at 16:09
Regular
Yeah I'm 16 and I've got a Solo Debit card, so if you're 16 you can get one :)
Tue 15/02/05 at 16:33
Regular
I would look into this but I have no job. No money. No game.

:(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.