GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is WoW any good?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft'.
Mon 14/02/05 at 11:27
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I see it's slowly replacing CS:Source when I log into Xfire to see who's on. Downloaded a gameplay video and it was a little green man running through some trees for about 2 minutes, with not a lot happening. What do you do in it?
Mon 14/02/05 at 23:22
Regular
I played at least 30 hours in the first 3 days.

I would normally have completed any other game in that time. 45 quid for 6 months is a good deal to me.

Also, join a PVP server, its much more fun when you can massacre the other faction.
Mon 14/02/05 at 23:27
Regular
I don't understand. What do you mean by servers - if it is a MMORPG then it would be hosted over a series of servers that the user has no control over?
Tue 15/02/05 at 00:51
Regular
GAME MINUTES PLAYED
World of Warcraft 2137971
Counter-Strike Source 1903051

Oh, WoW thrashed CSS today...
Tue 15/02/05 at 01:01
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Goatboy wrote:
> If you're concerned about the beardy factor, I'd recommend Star Wars
> Galaxies.

I got bored of Galaxies. Sitting in a tent for ten minutes at a time, simply to grind a few more experience points to master the scouting profession, isn’t quite what I imagined I’d be doing in an online Star Wars game.

Plus some servers are rubbish. The one I’m on lags my PC to death when I’m in built up areas and it even sees’ fit to throw me off when loading as I travel between planets.
Tue 15/02/05 at 01:18
Regular
Lipe wrote:
> GAME MINUTES PLAYED
> World of Warcraft 2137971
> Counter-Strike Source 1903051
>
>
> Oh, WoW thrashed CSS today...

Wow.

*Sigh*
Tue 15/02/05 at 09:03
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
cipro wrote:
> I got bored of Galaxies. Sitting in a tent for ten minutes at a time,
> simply to grind a few more experience points to master the scouting
> profession, isn’t quite what I imagined I’d be doing in an online
> Star Wars game.
--------

True, which is why I was near to not playing when the free month was up.
Until I realised that scouting wasn't the most exciting, neither is entertainer.
As soon as I got involved with a guild things picked up immensely, grinding pistol xp involved 10+ of you hunting rancors/krayt dragons/dewbacks etc. It took 25mins to grab 50000 xp like that, and within 5hrs of playing I'd become Master Marksman.
It's down, much like Warcraft I'd imagine, to how you want to play. Sure you can zip through the professions and end up master quickly or you can explore the worlds taking missions etc, and xp grinding is a nice side-point to the game.

> Plus some servers are rubbish. The one I’m on lags my PC to death
> when I’m in built up areas and it even sees’ fit to throw me off when
> loading as I travel between planets.

? Never happened to me.
It lags sometimes when you go to Coronet and there are tens of people spamming to sell stuff etc but that's to be expected.

I think MMORPGs are pretty much the same once you look past the genres, and whilst SW works for me, it didn't for you.
WoW is probably great fun etc, but that whole fantasy genre just leaves me cold.
Tue 15/02/05 at 09:18
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> Also, join a PVP server, its much more fun when you can massacre the
> other faction.

You see, this is why i dont see why you moved, you can do this on a normal server too.
Tue 15/02/05 at 09:24
Regular
/pvp

Although it only stays pvp for a limited time, then you have to do /pvp again.

But still, at least you can still PVP on a PVE server :)
Tue 15/02/05 at 09:26
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Indeed, the only difference between the two servers is that on PvP servers your pvp flag is activated when you go into contested zones.
Tue 15/02/05 at 10:47
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> WoW is probably great fun etc, but that whole fantasy genre just
> leaves me cold.

Isn't Star Wars fantasy?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.