GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is WoW any good?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft'.
Mon 14/02/05 at 11:27
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I see it's slowly replacing CS:Source when I log into Xfire to see who's on. Downloaded a gameplay video and it was a little green man running through some trees for about 2 minutes, with not a lot happening. What do you do in it?
Thu 17/02/05 at 15:32
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Mode wrote:
> Whats the aim of the game?

Depends how you want to play it.

You can follow quests, kill the local wildlife, gain some money and experience and move on when completed, or group up with others to take on more difficult, but more rewarding elite quests.

You could be a nomad, going from place to place, exploring, wandering, doing whatever you see fit while not restricting yourself to one particular place, or you could just join a Player Vs Player server, group up with dozens of other players and fight massive battles against rivals.

As for the overall aim, or objective, there is none. It’s an MMORPG, if you want to work to a goal, you have to decide yourself what that goal will be.
Thu 17/02/05 at 12:32
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Mode wrote:
> Whats the aim of the game?

Kill monsters, get loot, level up.
Thu 17/02/05 at 11:28
Regular
Whats the aim of the game?
Wed 16/02/05 at 22:00
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Ha ha, i saw a guy called Goatboy.

[URL]http://www.morgoth.plus.com/goatboy.jpg[/URL]
Wed 16/02/05 at 18:32
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> Yeah, but it's still not the same, people can choose just not to
> activate PVP and therefore remain invulnerable. Also, people on PVP
> servers are there for just that, everyone is training and willing to
> do battle with the opposite faction.

They can keep pvp off, but it just doesnt happen, people dont travel all the way from the eastern kingdoms to stand outside the crossroads and do nothing. Even people who may have come along to "spectate" invariably end up in the battle as they get the adrenalin rush and see their friends in need. A PvP server it is not, but good fights still happen and i know i won't be ganked to death when i have to go to the wetlands for the succubus quest.
Wed 16/02/05 at 13:36
Regular
"Selected"
ahhh, I'll just play this on my 56k then shall I?
Wed 16/02/05 at 02:59
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> Whitestripes DX wrote:
> And this type of thing just
> never happened on PVE servers.
>
> Not since we started no, but in beta, even though I was still on a
> pve server almost nightly there were alliance raids on the
> crossroads. Im sure you can recall at least one of the times i told
> you about them.

Yeah, but it's still not the same, people can choose just not to activate PVP and therefore remain invulnerable. Also, people on PVP servers are there for just that, everyone is training and willing to do battle with the opposite faction.

>
> Also in PVP servers players duel all the time
>
> I'd say thats more to do with your server having a higher population
> than it being because it's pvp.

It's a new server and was still at low population when I logged in this evening. And like I said, everyone on it has joined to adventure and engage in PVP, therefore everyone wants to practise their skills.

I did 8 duels in Crossroads today, won 6 and lost 2. Also did Ragefire with my guild. It was a party entirely comprised of Rogues :)

Creepy joined this evening, he can at least back me up that people talk a lot more and it feels like more of a Horde, especcially when we spent half an hour mobbing French people.
Tue 15/02/05 at 22:05
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> And this type of thing just
> never happened on PVE servers.

Not since we started no, but in beta, even though i was still on a pve server almost nightly there were alliance raids on the crossroads. Im sure you can recall at least one of the times i told you about them.

> Also in PVP servers players duel all the time

I'd say thats more to do with your server having a higher population than it being because it's pvp.
Tue 15/02/05 at 22:02
Regular
"8==="
I wasn't being sarcastic.

:'(

That sounded great.
Tue 15/02/05 at 22:01
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Actually, having loved Warcraft II to pieces, that makes me very moist.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.