GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"KOTOR 2 - Buy, you must?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords '.
Mon 14/02/05 at 20:17
Regular
I have ordered KOTOR 2 (knights of the old republic) but I'd simply like to know from anyone who owns or as played the game if it was worth parting with my lovely greens...even though it's too late to stop that.

Is it better or worse than the first game? And finally - does it have as much replayability as the 1st game/ take a long time to complete?

Thanks, Jon
Wed 16/02/05 at 23:47
Regular
"8==="
Ok, I just checked and I was wrong. I took 39 hours to do it on the Darkside and I missed most of the trial (I just let him die the stupid sod) and got kicked off that planet early. I also didn't explore one cave on the Sith planet as it became locked before I fully worked out how to get past the pillars blocking my way.

But I explored every inch of every map and talked to everyone, mabye if I'd gone on the lightside and took a long time sorting out the trial + sorting out the sith base on the water planet + extra general wandering then I could see it being 45 hours and 50 isn't far off.

Taking 60 hours to do it is still difficult to comprehend, even on top difficulty the additional length of fights wouldn't add 10 hours of gameplay.

I'm stumped. :S
Wed 16/02/05 at 23:36
"I love yo... lamp."
Nope, that was just light side. I never did finish it on dark side.
Wed 16/02/05 at 21:41
Regular
"8==="
But did you play both sides?

(sounds dodgy)
Wed 16/02/05 at 21:40
"I love yo... lamp."
To do most of the side quests took about 30-35 hours. Except it was the first RPG I had played in ages, so I ended up spending 50 or so on it doing everything.
Wed 16/02/05 at 20:41
Regular
"gsybe you!"
60 hours?

KOTOR is possibly the shortest RPG I've ever played!
Wed 16/02/05 at 20:23
Regular
I have the game now

Have played for about 3 hours and am a way through the Peragus level, slightly tedious but still good fun.

I'm playing a Light Side game but it is so tempting to kill everyone...perhaps a little too tempting.
Tue 15/02/05 at 22:07
Regular
"8==="
Try the first one for cheap. If you like it - get the second.

Simple.
Tue 15/02/05 at 22:01
Regular
"lets go back"
I dont know weather to get this or just get the first one on the cheap.
Tue 15/02/05 at 20:16
Regular
"8==="
You're insane.

I did it in around 20, if I'd walked round each map 5 times that still wouldn't amount to 30 and I was being very through and checking everything + killing everything possible and making sure all the dialogue played out...

...You're insane.
Tue 15/02/05 at 20:08
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> I take it you played it through twice: once light and once dark.
>
> Otherwise you are insane.

Nah, that was just light side.

Dark didn't take me as long, but it still took me a fair while.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.