GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"KOTOR 2 - Buy, you must?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords '.
Mon 14/02/05 at 20:17
Regular
I have ordered KOTOR 2 (knights of the old republic) but I'd simply like to know from anyone who owns or as played the game if it was worth parting with my lovely greens...even though it's too late to stop that.

Is it better or worse than the first game? And finally - does it have as much replayability as the 1st game/ take a long time to complete?

Thanks, Jon
Sat 19/02/05 at 21:22
Regular
Rhysio wrote:
> I never got the hang of Pazaak, so I never played it.

I agree Pazaak never made any sense - the idea was to get to 20, like pontoon but one number lower, but the cards randomly added values and it was never possible to actually play the subtraction cards at the end of a turn...
Sat 19/02/05 at 21:19
Regular
To get the lightsaber you have to chase all over the galaxy collecting about five different parts to make one from - to personalise it....I don't care if it's personalised :(
Sat 19/02/05 at 11:04
Regular
"Werd"
I never got the hang of Pazaak, so I never played it.
Thu 17/02/05 at 22:46
Regular
I pwnd her goooooood.
Thu 17/02/05 at 22:42
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
She walks in and is all "Look, your lightsaber. And it's mine now"
And you're all "Give me it Space Lesbian", and she's all "No, you were bad and now it's mine hahahahaha" and you're all "I'll put the smackdown on you".
And then you leave the snowfilled space lesbian enclave.
And now, instead of star maps, I have to pursue Jedis.
Dammit, just give me my lightsaber
Thu 17/02/05 at 22:39
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> I thought I was going to get it, but the space lesbian had it and
> wouldn't give me it.

Thu 17/02/05 at 22:36
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Give me my goddamn lightsaber.
I'm not interested in a history mystery. Give me my lightsaber.
They did this in the 1st game too, made you wait an eon before getting it.
I thought I was going to get it, but the space lesbian had it and wouldn't give me it.
I want my goddamn lightsaber
Thu 17/02/05 at 19:43
Regular
However thorough you are there is still a limit - large game times are usually because of pausing.

It sucks that pause time should actually affect the overall game time, if you pause for dinner (or similar) and aren't actually pressing any buttons.

Overall the first game took me about 40 hours but I didn't play that much Pazaak and I was going to finish the fighting subquest on Taris, decided to leave *SPOILER* and found out it gets blown up :(

How far is everyone on KOTOR 2? I'm on Telon (or something like that)doing one of the Ithorians missions...
Thu 17/02/05 at 02:11
Regular
"8==="
Pazaak + Pause time...

Now I see it. Just.

But I also played a LOT of Pazaak and checked every inch of desert etc.
Wed 16/02/05 at 23:52
Regular
As I said, I was ridiculously thorough.

I explored every area fully - even the deserts. I played a fair bit of Pazaak and made sure every side quest was completed.

Having said that... some of it would've been pause time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.