GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"VOTE HERE FOR CHAT (OR NOT)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/04/01 at 21:50
Regular
Should Special Reserve have a chat room?

Or not.

One "man" one vote.

State you arguments too.

(Several days have now elapsed)

Here is the result of the Vote:

These guys voted NO:
Ant
Fishstick
Darkness
Bronzefinger
Sniper
Goatboy
Webmaster
M16
Terry

These guys voted or interpreted as YES:
Reaper
er-no
The Game
Monkey
Laurence
pb
Venom
Lewq
Morrigan
Time Warp
Grix

These guys are on the FENCE:
Batistuta
Tony
Tarrant
Sheepy
Edgy - who doesn't really care cos he doesn't use chatrooms much at all....
Sat 28/04/01 at 13:43
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I think that interactive games woul dbe a good step forward, like chess or naughts and crosses. Just some simple but funny games. + this is just an idea.
Sat 28/04/01 at 13:41
Regular
Reaper, can you give me some details on how to do that please?
Sat 28/04/01 at 13:39
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
As I said, the names can be filled in automatically - the applet does let you change them, but you can register your name with nickserv, and if someone else tries to use it without giving a password, their name is automatically changed.
Sat 28/04/01 at 13:37
Regular
Tony, the only reason i suggested a password sytstem is to prevent the chat room becoming like most of the others on the net. IE Loads of people slating everyone else's mum or something.

I though that as the discussion boards are of a high quality, if only SR people could get in the chat room it would keep that of a sensible standard as well.

One thing i have noticed is that on the chatroom you have to type in a username each time, so if i wanted to, i could log in as FM or Grix or er-no or whatever, and no-one would know.

It would be good if something could be set up like you suggest, so we keep the same names from here.
Sat 28/04/01 at 13:35
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
I passed on the applet parameters so SR users were automatically recognised by their alias, webby said he was working on it.
Sat 28/04/01 at 13:33
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Chat is a good idea, but they're not subject related, but they're more open than MSN instant message.
Sat 28/04/01 at 13:32
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Passwords just make it more complicated.

Why would we want to keep other people out?

i.e. it should stay without passwords until we need them.

What would be neat is if SR users were automatically shown under their alias. I assume this would mean recognising our cookies, so I'm not sure how practical that is.
Sat 28/04/01 at 13:30
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
On the subject of the discussion links in chat, I have an idea about it, need to speak to danny.
Sat 28/04/01 at 13:28
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
yes
Sat 28/04/01 at 13:28
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
I don't see what diffence it makes whether it's our chat room or Central Chat's chat room.

As long as we have a chat room for those who want it.

I agree marginally that we would have more clicks back and forth if we have discussions links on the chat room, but maybe we can arrange that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.