GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mercenaries"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mercenaries'.
Thu 17/02/05 at 22:25
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Anybody getting it?
Anybody played the demo?
Gets excellent reviews across the board but I haven't seen that much blurb about it or hype.
Page:
Tue 15/03/05 at 07:42
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Hedfix wrote:
> I can now play as that guy out of star wars...

I can play as him as well as a doctor, a prisoner, a member of the deck of 52, one of the Aces and another character.

Also the listening posts are basically grey sticks that flash red. I've nearly found all of them now.
Tue 15/03/05 at 00:17
Regular
"8==="
Those listening posts are a pain.

How do you spot them?

All but one I've destroyed whilst blowing something else up and accidentally got the post into the bargain.

They're a small box with a sort of satellite dish on right? Or was that something else, when I found that thing it was blocking me from getting any support... :S
Mon 14/03/05 at 23:58
Regular
I need 12 artifacts, 8 blueprints and about 7 listening posts and then I've got everything.
Mon 14/03/05 at 22:07
Regular
"8==="
I can now play as that guy out of star wars...

Anyway apart from that guff I've almost done all the statues and have half the treasures.

Just mopping up the leftovers of the hearts as I can now go for the ace.
Mon 14/03/05 at 22:04
"Tesco value"
forget about putting 2 C4's under a parked car, put six and stand well back!

watch the flaming wreakage shoot straight up and out of sight!

whos completed it and got playground of destruction? I have, but found no differences in gameplay, you just start off as normal??!
Sun 13/03/05 at 15:56
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Oh and I just unlocked fuel air bombs which are damn amazing.

I just got those unlocked, tested them on NK Gate in the south area, brilliant.
Sun 13/03/05 at 10:01
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> All I did was get a North Korean helicopter and go in disguised. I
> just landed in the area unharrased, got out the chopper and bunker
> busted the main bunker, then punched the dude in the face and
> collected the payment.

My plan was craptacular. I bought the Maffia's helicopter, blew up the NK Gunship, shot the surrounding people around the seven of hearts then landed, without blowing up the bunker. Then I punched down the seven and called in the extration. He was picked up and I got the reward for the capture, but suddenly a couple of NK troops appeared with anit-air rocket launchers and opened fire at the AN helicopter as it was flying away. It was soon brought down and the seven of hearts with it too and he laid crushed beneath the wreckage. But even though I had to pay for the loss of the helicopter I still got a reward for a successful capture of the seven of hearts.

I don't know whether I made a profit or not. :D
Sun 13/03/05 at 09:56
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Hedfix wrote:
> It's the one where the Chinese want you to attack the South Korean
> city and blow up 3 buildings.

I'm on that one now, I'll go back to it in a minute, looks like a great mission that'll allow you to level the whole city without having to pay reparations or anything like that. :)
Sun 13/03/05 at 06:22
Regular
"8==="
That'll be the evil NK piranhas then. ;)
Sun 13/03/05 at 04:46
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Might be just me, but I think its a bit lame that not only can these "hard as nails" mercenaries not swim, but worse still, one of them was supposed to have been in the navy ! Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Anyway, on the diamond cards at the moment. Got the jack and the ace to go.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.