GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mercenaries"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mercenaries'.
Thu 17/02/05 at 22:25
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Anybody getting it?
Anybody played the demo?
Gets excellent reviews across the board but I haven't seen that much blurb about it or hype.
Page:
Sat 12/03/05 at 13:54
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I found a "Software Key Generator".
Sat 12/03/05 at 13:46
Regular
Oh and I also found the Death Star plans in one of those blueprint containers which made me laugh.
Sat 12/03/05 at 13:44
Regular
I stole a North Korean gunship last night, landed it because I'd found one of the cards. Came back to it about 10 minutes later and some cheeky North Korean chump flew off in it just as I was about to get in, little chump nearly blew me up with it as well until I called in an air supperiority strike on the steenky b'sterd.

That mission where you have to rescue the UN Inspectors was excellent. I landed on a neaby cliff, stealthily knocked out an NK sniper, took his rifle and then shot the 2 guards standing near the inspectors. Then I called in a tank buster strike which took out most the tanks around the compound, then I landed my helicopter near the inspectors and got out and used the side guns on the chopper to take out about 15 NK jeeps.

Those side miniguns on those transport choppers kick much ass!
Sat 12/03/05 at 13:40
Regular
"8==="
Silent Thunder wrote:
>
> I saw that, does it actually do anything for you? I thought maybe it
> was civilian clothes so you can freely walk NK controlled streets.

Not really, it's a red american football-like thing. Looks different. Oh and he doesn't have his hat on so you see he's got sort of rowed-dreads.
Sat 12/03/05 at 13:38
Regular
"8==="
I think the blueprints stay in one place. But the treasures move.
Sat 12/03/05 at 13:37
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Hedfix wrote:
> SK eh?
>
> So you're playing the guy who looks like the black dude from CSI
> aswell then? :D

Yep, I thought he looked like Teal'c from Stargate, except with glasses. :D

>
> I've got him wearng the new outfit I got when arriving in the 2nd
> zone.

I saw that, does it actually do anything for you? I thought maybe it was civilian clothes so you can freely walk NK controlled streets.
Sat 12/03/05 at 13:35
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Hedfix wrote:
> Have you noticed when you replay a mission that the treasures move
> around slightly? I thought I'd collected them and that I didn't need
> to get them again in a mission replay (some games are like that) but
> Mercenaries actually moves the bloody things somewhere nearby! :D

Yeah I did actually and I think they change their contents don't they? I'm sure I got one blueprint box that said it contained nuclear war heads and then when I replayed it, it was just a list of AN targets.
Sat 12/03/05 at 13:35
Regular
"8==="
SK eh?

So you're playing the guy who looks like the black dude from CSI aswell then? :D

I've got him wearng the new outfit I got when arriving in the 2nd zone.
Sat 12/03/05 at 13:32
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Hedfix wrote:
> Do you think any of this missions change depending on which faction's
> like you and which don't? I mean obviously out in the field they'll
> shoot at you regardless. But I'm enemies with the South Koreans and
> that's who the Chinese want me to attack, I wonder if I was enemies
> with the mafia/allies if the Chinese would have me attack them
> instead?

I did think about that, but it seemed the opposite for me. I had all the factions like me, so I did the Mafia missions and they made me work against all who were set on friendly status.

> I'm also wondering if I went to the factions in a different order if
> I might get different missions...

Not sure about that.

I really want to know what the Chinese and Russian bosses say when you first walk in, but you have to have the character who speaks that language to understand it, obviously, and the SK never say anything too interesting.
Sat 12/03/05 at 13:32
Regular
"8==="
I had to bring in a second helecopter because the first one was stolen by a cheeky NK fellow so I had to kill him with my sniper rifle, then used a standard laser-strike (I forget the name) to take out an AA tank and a tank buster to take out the main tank, the other AA tank I then rocketed. I was planning to put some C4 on a truck and drive it into it and then detonate but it never gave me enough time.

Have you noticed when you replay a mission that the treasures move around slightly? I thought I'd collected them and that I didn't need to get them again in a mission replay (some games are like that) but Mercenaries actually moves the bloody things somewhere nearby! :D
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.