GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mercenaries"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mercenaries'.
Thu 17/02/05 at 22:25
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Anybody getting it?
Anybody played the demo?
Gets excellent reviews across the board but I haven't seen that much blurb about it or hype.
Page:
Wed 23/03/05 at 00:10
Regular
The first chunk up to the jailhouse is easy, just jump in a sports car and drive through the lot.

To complete it I managed to hijack one of those NK Attack gunships and fly pretty much over the whole thing. The smaller helicopters aren't fast enough to outrun sams and get blown up, but the gunships have no problem.

God knows on foot I'd say it's nearly impossible, it would take aaaaages to get to the end section and there's so many tanks and gun turrets on the ground so you don't have much chance of getting airsupport in without it getting blown out the sky.
Tue 22/03/05 at 20:24
Regular
"8==="
Fígó wrote:
> Jesus the the last mission is pretty hard. I can get to Kim easy
> enough, and then navigate my way through a fair bit of the road after
> that, but then I just get bombarded by Tanks and Missiles. Anyone got
> any tips for it?

Yes.

Use the allied APC to continually hit all the tanks and choppers. It's got about 800 shots so you can just hold down the trigger.

After that I tried to get in a chopper to take a short cut to Sung but even more choppers shot me down - no doubt you can drive up instead of fly I haven't looked beyond the helipads much on account of being dead. :)
Tue 22/03/05 at 18:44
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Fígó wrote:
> Jesus the the last mission is pretty hard. I can get to Kim easy
> enough, and then navigate my way through a fair bit of the road after
> that, but then I just get bombarded by Tanks and Missiles. Anyone got
> any tips for it?

Use helicopters, you can't buy one so you'll have to aquire one. Look out for the anti-aircraft guns though. Use the disguise to get in close to the target.
Tue 22/03/05 at 13:38
Regular
From IGn.com

If you own one of these consoles and just wanted to confirm there weren't any issues with the version you're interested in, worry not. Pandemic did a fine job with both builds. Forced to choose, we would have to recommend Mercenaries on Xbox for its visuals, mostly. Everything just looks a lot smoother and the benefits of widescreen and 480p are definitely noticeable. However, on all other fronts, features, control, sound -- it's the same game.
Tue 22/03/05 at 13:34
"period drama"
Anyone know how much better it is compared to the PS2 version?
Tue 22/03/05 at 12:46
Regular
Jesus the the last mission is pretty hard. I can get to Kim easy enough, and then navigate my way through a fair bit of the road after that, but then I just get bombarded by Tanks and Missiles. Anyone got any tips for it?
Mon 21/03/05 at 23:09
Regular
"8==="
Something useful I found out yesterday:

Hitting burnt-out vehicle shells moves them.

Very useful if you need to clear a landing zone in a small area.
Mon 21/03/05 at 23:01
Regular
Mercenaries Guidebook - Chapter Three - Rule 4

* A burnt out shell of what used to be a troop carrier helicopter, does not make a good shield against 4 or 5 NK T62 Tanks, who having spotted you, are not shy with the old ultra-violence.
Mon 21/03/05 at 20:09
Regular
"8==="
Just on the final mission. I have all the cards apart from Sung.
Mon 21/03/05 at 19:59
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
You can either kill or capture the cards to get the cheat weapons. But you do need to get every card.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.