GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mercenaries"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mercenaries'.
Thu 17/02/05 at 22:25
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Anybody getting it?
Anybody played the demo?
Gets excellent reviews across the board but I haven't seen that much blurb about it or hype.
Page:
Sat 26/03/05 at 22:53
Regular
Those that have finished the game, answer me a question - when you complete the ace of spades mission, can you still go back and get the cards you missed, or is that the end of the game?

I have the final ace mission available, but to coin a pokemon phrase, I want to catch them all.
Sat 26/03/05 at 22:50
Regular
Well I did it using that advice. I killed sergei then just used the chopper to unload on the cards tank, then landed it as quickly as possible and verified the body. seems like cheating though really.
Sat 26/03/05 at 18:34
Regular
I didn't find that mission very hard, I did more or less what you did. Got in a NK Chopper, took out Sergei, drove back, took a few NK Tanks out before getting shot down.

Then I just hi-jacked one of the Tanks and took out the ones closest to the building. Then went after the card.

By the way, the mission ends once you capture the card, so if you can get him straightaway then you don't need to bother with the Tanks.
Sat 26/03/05 at 17:58
Regular
I'm only seconds away from snapping my xbox joypad in half. I'm on the mission where you've got to kill Sergei then protect the Mafia HQ.

Killing the freak is very easy, but when I get back to the HQ there are just too many damn tanks. I tried stealing the helicopter at Sergeis base but there aren't enough rockets, and too many AA guns. So I tried driving back to the HQ and stealing an NK tank. This seemed to work the best, I was able to defend it for longer, but the tank is too damn slow and protecting all sides is impossible.

Tips on beating this would be appreciated.
Sat 26/03/05 at 15:35
Regular
I like the way you'll just be driving through the countryside, minding your own business, when two opposing sides will suddenly start having a huge battle, with helicopters getting blasted out the air, and explosions going off everywhere. It makes the AI on games like Vice City look crap in comparison.
Sat 26/03/05 at 15:27
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
This game still surprises me, but then again I have hardly played any of the missions.

Noticed the other day that if you fly a helicopter through smoke, the blades make the smoke 'chop-up' into nothingness, and trees and bushes sway too. It's such a superbly detailed game.
Sat 26/03/05 at 12:54
Regular
Just got the Ace of Hearts. Was one tough beetch, but I managed to do it first time, all be it with plenty of allied supply drops and some air superiority to take out the chopper at the end.
Wed 23/03/05 at 20:29
Regular
I hate timed missions. I like to climb a large hill nearby and pick people off. Then maybe strap some C4 to a Scout, drive it in calm as you like and Kablammo.

Just completed the mission where you first get to use the M1 Abrams. It got wasted by American A10s though. Still, a lot of south koreans died, and that's all that matters.
Wed 23/03/05 at 18:40
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> To complete it I managed to hijack one of those NK Attack gunships
> and fly pretty much over the whole thing. The smaller helicopters
> aren't fast enough to outrun sams and get blown up, but the gunships
> have no problem.

I actually managed to do it in one of the Scout helicopters, but I had to wait a while to get the NK disguise, then I took out the Sams, pretty stealthy in the end. Great stuff.
Wed 23/03/05 at 10:39
Regular
Had another stab at it last night. Changed my approach after you rescue Kim. Got in a quick NK Jeep, drove as far as I could before you get to that bit where theres Tanks coming out from warehouses either side. Called in an Airstrike, ordered a SK Anti Tank Jeep and just drove the rest all the way up to the fortress.

Got inside and I kinda rushed it because of the time limit and I died.

Should be able to do it tonight.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.