GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Football Manager '05"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Football Manager 2005'.
Fri 18/02/05 at 15:26
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Is dangerously addictive, almost impossibly deep, and is a truly marvellous management spectacle.

It is also frustrating beyond words, often truly ridiculous and is a cause of premature mental instability.

I love Football Manager '05
Page:
Mon 02/05/05 at 10:43
Regular
"Mozzy"
Ahh Kompany, he's pretty good in my PES4 team too. Might have to purchase him soon.

I must say, I have a great team now:

Cudicini

Silvestre
Vanden Boore
Ashley Cole
Toure

Makélélé
Fabregas/Kanu
Joe Cole
C.Ronaldo

Reyes
Andy Johnson

I managed to get that morrocan player that scored 6 goals (read my post below) but haven't played him yet. I've got some really good subs as well.

Im playing as Norwich btw.
Mon 02/05/05 at 10:35
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Iaquinta took 30+ games to settle in properly. Totalled 24 in a season, along with Torres (24) and Henry (33).

My defence (despite Lucio, Campbell, Cannavaro, Kompany, Cole alternating) was appalling. Only just got through to CL semis. I had to stave off Depor and others by scoring a minimum of 6 goals!

Kompany is class though. Glad I got him in the first season.
Mon 02/05/05 at 10:31
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Coin wrote:

> What tactics do you lot use anyway? I'm tempted to go 433 at home,
> with either the FB's making runs up the wings to cross and the MC's
> all holding / making attacking runs, and a more conservative 532 or
> 442 at home, 532 with FB's crossing, 442 with ML and MR doing it.
> Just depends on how my defenders / attacking midfielders turn out. I
> like spending around £200,000 on unknown players (stats in the
> 15/8 range, when under 20), and then seeing how they turn out. Often
> they can be most impressive - check out Bovo and Hangeland.

It's all about the refining stats. I simply do 4-4-2 with arrows on the wingers, but it's the hard tackling, maxed out creativity, and normal attack, that wins me games. However recently I had to stop maxing out wide play, because of the loss of Reyes.
Sun 01/05/05 at 18:10
Regular
"'Lovely Jubly'"
Anyone want to join a network game (version 5.0.5) if so conatact me [email protected].
We will have a vote to decide which league we will be playing in.
Plz contact a.s.a.p
Sun 01/05/05 at 15:50
Regular
"Mozzy"
Not very important but I was wondering if any of you know some decent Coaches? I've been searching for some but im not sure who to go for cause my current coach is useless and needs to be replaced.

Another thing, when your scout tells you about a player that has played good in (for example) an International match should you make an offer or not? This morrocan striker scored 6 goals against so country i've never even heard of and his stats are average...but my assistant thinks I should sign him. Elkhattabi is his name, plays for AZ.

Im also thinking about getting a new Assistant Manager. Are all of these things neccessary? Will they make a difference to my team's performance? I've won the Premiership with Norwich and but the last 5ish games have been really bad, lost 4 and drawn 1 and I want to improve my team a bit.

The only new players (that have made a difference to my team) i've bought are Alliadiere, Kanu and Andy Johnson.

I think im going to loose Aliadiere because he wants £40k per week and I cant afford that and his contract expires in a month. Im in June and the transfer window is opening soon so I need some new players that aren't too exspensive. I need a whole new defence as my current defence are crap and I need a couple of decent Midfielders.

Maybe a goalkeeper too if I can afford it, I have Poole from Bolton but he's quite old now but his contract doesn't expire for another two years, I use Green more than Poole but both aren't that great and i'd like to get a new keeper too.

Suggestions?
Thu 28/04/05 at 15:44
Regular
"Royale with Cheese"
Just sold Freddy Adu to Inter for £33m :)
Mon 25/04/05 at 16:45
Regular
": ("
Coin wrote:
> How many seasons in are you? Have they cracked it?

If your talking to me, im in my first season still.
Sun 24/04/05 at 23:18
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Heh, I always played a 5/3/2 with wing backs.

I usually won, because my players were too damn good.
Sun 24/04/05 at 23:08
Regular
"Bicycle"
How many seasons in are you? Have they cracked it?
Sun 24/04/05 at 22:01
Regular
": ("
I currently play 433 at home and 442 away.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.