GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PAL Anime Fans!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 28/06/04 at 12:21
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Virgin have got a sale on a lot of ADV DVDs, usually about £19.99 they are selling for £12.99 or 2 for £18, including the first 4 volumes of Noir, Burn up w and Burn Up Excess, Hellsing, Boogiepop Phantom, Bubblegum Crisis, Dirty Pair Flash, Neogenesis Evangelon, Vol1: Pretear, Vol1: Angelic Layer, Spriggen, Sin, Vol1: Najica Blitz Tactic, and some others, I can't remember them all.

Unfortunaly it meant I HAD TO spend £200 on getting a few things I wanted.
Tue 29/06/04 at 10:14
Regular
aw come on Rosalind when you get the chance watch the Najica commentary, I bet you'll like it :) I've only heard the commentary for FLCL and Boogiepop. They were okay but I did find them a bit boring, of course they give you a lot more information on the series. :) here's part of a review from animeondvd.com

"Those are the nice and standard extras, but what really sets this apart is a commentary provided for one of the episodes featuring Kira Vincent Davis (Najica) and Monica Rial (Lila). I'm not even sure you can call it a commentary. It's more of two girls high on something talking about anything you can possibly imagine. It was absolutely hilarious, even if you aren't a watcher of English language dubs. There are several bleeps throughout the commentary in order to protect the innocent and prevent the word a$$ from being said. Oh no, I was bleeped!"
Tue 29/06/04 at 10:07
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I finally got around to getting and watching Read or Die the other day, which is pretty good.

With regards to Cowboy Bebop, I read somewhere the series may be being released on dvd at last, with the first part coming sometime around September maybe. Fantastic series, and if it does get a release here I hope it does really well (but I bet it will be largely ignored by everyone not in the know).

Grave of the Fireflies is also coming out sometime soon too. That's a very good and very moving film.
Tue 29/06/04 at 09:57
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
I did get vol 1 of Najica actually, and I will definitly be getting my hands on vols 2&3, just as soon as my bank balance recovers.

I never watch the commentry on Anime titles, since I tried to watch the FF:U commentries, which were abismal.
Tue 29/06/04 at 09:50
Regular
I dont think people want Cowboy Bebop anymore I just tried to sell 9 NTSC videos on ebay the other day and none of them sold :( they were only at £1 each. 4 years ago they would have gone for a lot more. Ah well in the bin they can go.

I hope you bought Najica Rosalind, shame they dont do the boxest with the free panties :) The commentaries are really funny.

Me and my brother saw Memories but I'd not heard of it so we gave it a miss.

Kiddy Grade comes out next week, I think that might be worth getting.

Oh by the way any Studio Ghibli fans, there's now a trailer of their latest movie Howl's Moving Castle, looks interesting;

Right click [URL]http://www.tzone.org/~llin/clips/Howl_Trailer_20040626.avi[/URL]
Tue 29/06/04 at 09:25
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Yep, I hit Virgin Megastore in Notts yesterday for this offer, bought a small ton of anime - a this price, if you can afford it, you'd be mad not too!

Then in HMV....X Files boxsets reduced ! Agh!
Mon 28/06/04 at 17:17
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I went onto Amazon the otherday, and bought every single thing I'd had my 'eye on' for months. About £120 later, I want more.

:)
Mon 28/06/04 at 17:14
Regular
I've seen Neon Genisis and a bit of Angelic both are pretty good.. why is there no Cowboy Bebop or Mahoromatic?
Mon 28/06/04 at 13:00
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Whilst were talking about PAL anime, I'd like to recommend Katsuhiro Otomo's Memories.
From the dude behind Akira, it's 3 short-ish sci-fi stories. Really good stuff and recently released in this country on dvd.
Mon 28/06/04 at 12:49
"possibly impossible"
Rosalind wrote:
> Unfortunaly it meant I HAD TO spend £200 on getting a few
> things I wanted.

heh. The results of me spending that amount of money on Anime at once would involve the slow removal of my limbs.
Mon 28/06/04 at 12:21
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Virgin have got a sale on a lot of ADV DVDs, usually about £19.99 they are selling for £12.99 or 2 for £18, including the first 4 volumes of Noir, Burn up w and Burn Up Excess, Hellsing, Boogiepop Phantom, Bubblegum Crisis, Dirty Pair Flash, Neogenesis Evangelon, Vol1: Pretear, Vol1: Angelic Layer, Spriggen, Sin, Vol1: Najica Blitz Tactic, and some others, I can't remember them all.

Unfortunaly it meant I HAD TO spend £200 on getting a few things I wanted.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.