GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PAL Anime Fans!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 28/06/04 at 12:21
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Virgin have got a sale on a lot of ADV DVDs, usually about £19.99 they are selling for £12.99 or 2 for £18, including the first 4 volumes of Noir, Burn up w and Burn Up Excess, Hellsing, Boogiepop Phantom, Bubblegum Crisis, Dirty Pair Flash, Neogenesis Evangelon, Vol1: Pretear, Vol1: Angelic Layer, Spriggen, Sin, Vol1: Najica Blitz Tactic, and some others, I can't remember them all.

Unfortunaly it meant I HAD TO spend £200 on getting a few things I wanted.
Wed 30/06/04 at 19:58
Regular
The DVD player for Ghibli fans :)

[URL]http://www.shio.org/diary/2003/0104g/[/URL]

even the batteries are Ghibli ^_^
Wed 30/06/04 at 18:43
Regular
It's a very good dub, even the sub fans enjoy it. I think Mei is voiced by the woman who did Angelica from Rugrats. Very different young girls :) I think they rushed out a DVD to try and make as much from the title before it went to Disney. My Neighbour Totoro is usually in most people top 10 movies. It's in the top 100 on IMDB. Not sure why 92 out of 3736 gave it a 1/10. Perhaps they're just people trying to lower other movies and push up their favourite movies up.
Wed 30/06/04 at 18:32
"possibly impossible"
Bejam wrote:
> Grave of the Fireflies is also coming out sometime soon too. That's a
> very good and very moving film.

Noticed that you can pre-order this, Porco Rosso and Totoro on Cd-wow now. Mind you, I have Totoro already, albiet the dubbed only one. It's still one of my favorite films, though it may be a little too sugar-sweet for some.
Wed 30/06/04 at 16:41
Regular
Ah yes the 3 part OAV, the way they put it together seemed like a movie. It was very good, I enjoyed it. So her whole house is just crammed full of books and she lives on the roof in this little shed like place? lol I don't think the TV series will be better but I'm sure it'll still be worth watching.

I'll have to try and get L/R it seems interesting, I know it's not going to be the best of series but it grabbed my attention.

Yes it did seem silly to have the movie out before the series but I knew that would happen as they are owned by seperate companies. Similar with Dragonball Z and Ranma 1/2. The series arent coming out but the movies are. I've been waiting for Ranma 1/2 to come here for 8 years now. I'm glad it's coming but I dont think people will understand the movies if they havent even seen the series or even the manga. The first 2 volumes came out, like what 10 years ago? The whole thing is messed up everything is coming at the wrong time and as usual we pick up stuff decade(s) old.

I think I've seen all of Boggiepop Phanton, we had one volume and my friend had the whole set, can't remember most of the series though I'll have to watch it again but it was very good. Groping girls for this spider >_<

I watched the Najica commentary again, it's so funny ^_^ I'd love to meet the two women. As there are 3 volumes, the first was for the two women to do commentary, the second was for the two guys, and the last was for the producer and director I think. But the girls were so funny or one of the guys didnt/couldnt do it so the girls joined the one guy. Which did encourage my brother to buy it. I'd love to see more animes have commentaries, whether the original Japanese creators, the English producers or the English VA.

Some series that I would like to own on DVD, umm NukuNuku, Azumanga, Fruit Baskets and Kiddy Grade. I dont think they've release Those Who Hunt Elves in the UK yet. We have the US dvds, I love the series, would like to see the second series. It's a little confusing as on one UK ADV video it had a trailer for the series. So maybe they planned to release it but changed their mind. It's nice to see ADV releasing a lot more titles other than old series like Gunsmith Cats. Which I enjoyed by the way. Was rather short, I'm not sure if they're doing more to it or whether it's really over.

Will have to try and get King of Bandits Jin Vol. 3

Has anyone seen Fullmetal Alchemist yet? I've been hearing good things about it and the reviews have been very good. I suppose it'll be awhile before we get it, only a couple of people here buy US releases.

Our nearest Virgin in Cheltenham, it does have a good selection, plaves right with the martial arts films. I think they even called the section 'Manga' >_< I thought only MVC did that. I wish they would stop that now, seriously it's been years since the majority called it Manga.

One series that'll do well on Toonami or a release would be Fooly Cooly/FLCL :) we do have it on DVD already from the states but I'd love to recommend it to some people. I hope it's not so pricey like it is in America.

Ghibli releases have been pushed back, not sure when though. I'm still not looking forward to the redubs. Especially Porco Rosso as I dont think the first dub is on any DVDs. Totoro is still out on the Fox DVD and the Japanese Laputa has the first dub. We've got 4 Ghiblis on DVD now. Anyone got Spirited Away the UK release? They had a competition to draw a picture for a gallery on the DVD. I was going to enter but I guess I forgot ^^; someone tell me if they have the art gallery. The UK or even US releases of Ghibli really have terrible packaging and extras. You said yourself Totoro with that Nausicaa LE DVD Boxset with the figures. Now that was very cool, and a tad expensive. But it was better than the very bear minimum we get. I think they all have dubtitles as well. How can Disney afford all these top actors and yet cant even afford to pay for proper subtitles for the fans.

One last thing, there's a third Patlabor right? Is it out in the UK, I would love to see it. I hear it has even less action than even the second one, but still I love the series. Well not the tv series I've yet to even see that. I think Belldandy bought it. Not sure but I keep telling myself to get it. Umm I've said too much. ^^;
Tue 29/06/04 at 11:12
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Rosalind wrote:
> Has the Cowboy Beebop TV series been released over here?

Not yet, possibly soon (fingers crossed).

I was just looking at the upcoming R2 anime releases on Play.com and noticed they've got Cowboy Bebop the Movie for only £7.99. A good buy.
Tue 29/06/04 at 10:59
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
The R.O.D OVAs are fantastic, but I've heard R.O.D TV is a little dissapointing. Still I'll be first in line to buy it, should it ever get a UK release.

Has the Cowboy Beebop TV series been released over here?

I forgot to mention. I bought Boogiepop Phantom at the weekend and watched on Sunday. It's really worth getting if you like dark physcological series. The feel of it reminded me a little of Silent Hill.
Tue 29/06/04 at 10:27
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
The trouble with Bebop in the UK is that the movie was released before the series, and that just wasn't cool at all, as the movie is set around halfway or so during the series. It was completely messed up. UK viewers have a movie filled with characters that they don't know, whereas if they'd already seen the series, they would be familiar with the characters and would probably enjoy the movie a bit more

Different companies hold the rights to the series and the movie, so that's why, but it's still just stupid.
Tue 29/06/04 at 10:23
Regular
Hopefully the Cowboy Bebop series will get a release. It would do well, unfortunately they left it a bit late, it should have been out during CNX's existance. Created quite a bit of interest with 20+ guys. Even my older brother an old anime fan who lost his ways would come down and watch it with us.
Tue 29/06/04 at 10:21
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
It's the 3-part OVA released by Manga. 3x30 minute episodes. It's worth a look.

The first Read or Die TV series dvd has just been released in the US (today I think).

L/R is an interesting series, very different from most other series as it does have a very English kind of feel. There's a good overall plot and some good likeable characters (especially the main secret agent duo), and I enjoyed the soundtrack too.
Tue 29/06/04 at 10:18
Regular
Read or Die was that the movie like one or the series? I havent seen the latter yet but it was pretty good, I enjoyed it. Would love to see the series.

I would also like to see L/R another English set anime, which reminds me, Steamboy a movie, might be coming to UK cinemas. It looks really good, another one set in England I think. Looks very good and worth keeping an eye on. Check out the trailers I'd love to catch it in the cinema here.

SITE [URL]http://www.steamboy.net/intro.shtml[/URL]

TRAILERS [URL]http://www.steamboy.net/downloads/trailers/[/URL]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.