GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PAL Anime Fans!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 28/06/04 at 12:21
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Virgin have got a sale on a lot of ADV DVDs, usually about £19.99 they are selling for £12.99 or 2 for £18, including the first 4 volumes of Noir, Burn up w and Burn Up Excess, Hellsing, Boogiepop Phantom, Bubblegum Crisis, Dirty Pair Flash, Neogenesis Evangelon, Vol1: Pretear, Vol1: Angelic Layer, Spriggen, Sin, Vol1: Najica Blitz Tactic, and some others, I can't remember them all.

Unfortunaly it meant I HAD TO spend £200 on getting a few things I wanted.
Mon 26/07/04 at 20:56
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
My uncle has told me a LOT about 'Spirited Away'.

It MUST be good, so, anyone got a copy, and is it worth the money?

Might get Metropolis next.
Fri 23/07/04 at 21:54
Regular
sorry I didnt mean you wouldnt understand Spirited Away, but you know some people who arent anime fans would probably wonder where all the talking animals are and the musical numbers etc.

I can understand that though, everyone has different tastes, Ghibli movies seem to be in a different catagory altogether I suppose.

As for Excel Saga that can get confusing and the dialog is very very fast, probably best to watch it raw if you know Japanese or the English dub which I enjoy. Reminds me of FLCL, my ex insisted on watching it subbed but during some parts like the manga style she found it far too difficult to follow. So we switched to the dub which was also rather good. Do you like FLCL?

I seem to like all animes really, when Pokemon was first on tv I watched that all the time, same with Dragonball Z. I watch all the romance ones Fushigi Yugi etc, all the comedies, I enjoy movies like Akira, Patlabor and the like. Ah yes the ones I dont really likes are some of the more violent animes, I prefer not to watch those. Though of course I love ones such as Vampire Hunter D, Ninja Scroll and Fist of the North Star.
Fri 23/07/04 at 21:02
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
I understood Spirited Away no problem, but not seen any other Ghibli stuff - Kiki's delivery service, Laputa, etc just don't appeal to me for some reason although Grave Of The Fireflies does (just waiting for this to reach me through the ever wonderful postal service) probably because of the WW2 setting/storyline more than it being Ghibli.

Which is strange because its not like I'm an anime fan who only likes mecha/fights/violence orientated stuff, I like Oh My Goddess, Love Hina, Chobits, Macross, His And Her Circumstances, Noir, Sakura Wars etc - pretty wide spectrum of stuff.
Fri 23/07/04 at 18:53
Regular
Stranger In Paradise wrote:
> It's okay, but I never quite understood what the fuss was about the
> film, it's probably helped get more people interested in anime so
> that's good at least.

Are you a Ghibli fan Belldandy? It's a good film I can see it can be a bit confusing for some, I suppose a movie like Laputa would be a lot easier to follow and understand. Or perhaps Whisper of the Heart I quite enjoyed that having only seen it raw with a script afterwards.
Fri 23/07/04 at 18:10
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
It's okay, but I never quite understood what the fuss was about the film, it's probably helped get more people interested in anime so that's good at least.
Fri 23/07/04 at 17:35
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
My fav animie film would have to be Spirited away, a 5 star film indeed!
Fri 23/07/04 at 16:55
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Could never really get into Excel Saga, Excel talked soooooooooooo fast sometimes it just gives you brain overload! I prefer to watch Jap audio and eng subs and I don't think Excel Saga really lends itself to that because of the dialogue/speed.
Fri 23/07/04 at 15:35
"The Will of D."
Here's a site for downloading episodes of lots of didfferent Anime' shows like Blue gender, Cowboy Bebop (and the feature film of CB).
[URL]http://aftermathanime.net/index6.php?id=fulleps[/URL]
Fri 23/07/04 at 13:22
"possibly impossible"
Agh! I'm missing Excel Saga now. Might have to go and buy it. It's just so crazy.
Thu 22/07/04 at 16:34
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Yay more Sailor Moon *sarcasm*

Gunslinger Girl has been available in Tokyo Pop's range of manga stuff for some time now though not seen anything about the series, I'd think the two will be vaguely similar.

Notice that AD Police even gets a small feature in the new GAME store magazine so maybe Manga Entertainment have finally decided to make an effort after the balls up that was the Ghost In The Shell tv release... (or lack of).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.