GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"England V France"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/06/04 at 00:05
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Come on, your views.

My personal view is that England will win.

I also think we stand a real chance of the title.

Feel free to pop this if we plummet out, but know that if you "diss" me and my "mamma" that I will pop it when we win.
Mon 07/06/04 at 21:18
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
Quinty wrote:

> The French are disgustingly overated as well.

OVERATED
so you call Theirry OVERATED
hmm.....
Mon 07/06/04 at 21:07
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Colourless wrote:
> Terry will take out any player. Countless times has he gone for a
> tackle and put the player and the ball into the stands...Well perhaps
> thats a bit ott.

he fouls way too much when i'm sure he could tackle if he tried. crap strikers give him the slip lots of times. he's good going forwards too.

>
> I'm worried about our strike force though... They're our weakest part
> of the team.
Mon 07/06/04 at 20:37
Regular
"Colourless"
Clazon wrote:
> terry's brilliant at taking out henry.

Yeh. He always has quiet games against us. I think it's coz Gallas can nearly keep up with him as well, but I'm confident JT will do a good job.

> but terry's brilliant against top class, but not to good against crap > strikers.

Terry will take out any player. Countless times has he gone for a tackle and put the player and the ball into the stands...Well perhaps thats a bit ott.

I'm worried about our strike force though... They're our weakest part of the team.
Mon 07/06/04 at 19:25
Regular
"The Red Shift"
santini prefers wiltord on the wing instead of rothen and pires....

The sagacious one wrote:
> Terry is doubtful for the game but we may be better off with a pacy
> defender such as King anyway. I suspect that Carragher will get the
> nod though, should Terry not make it.
>
> I just hope that Campbell can contain Henry...

terry's brilliant at taking out henry. i don't back campbell though. the sol-man's in there to command the back four, take on the beef and the shrimps and head away. i have to admit he's average against world class strikers. same for the rest of the defence. but terry's brilliant against top class, but not to good against crap strikers.
Mon 07/06/04 at 19:21
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Colourless wrote:
> Clazon, my good friend. Do shut up. You know I was kidding,

:D

> and many times have I stated that your little gooner angel is the best
> player in the world.

:) that's all i ask for... :)

> But in answer to your question, no they were two-offs....
>
> That doesn't really work now does it....hmm.. :(

cheer up. i make up words all the time, but they fly right past my less vocabularised friends.

:D
Mon 07/06/04 at 15:58
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I thought we might have a strong chance when Desailly was expected to be in the starting line up but it appears that Gallas and Silvestre are the first two choices at centre back. They performed well against the Ukraine. However Thuram and Lizarazu are probably going to be right and left back, which gives us a chance of pinning them back with the rapier runs of A Cole and Neville's stoic efforts down the right. Zidane and Pires on the winds/tucked into midfield aren't reknowned for their backtracking or tackling. If we can cut the supply to Henry and partner (prob Trezugeut) by pinning Frances' creative players back (Viera and Makalelle are solid defensive midfielders) then we have a good chance of dictating the flow of the match. Beckham on the right is going to be vital as he's got to whip some crosses in from the wing and shadow ZZ when he comes in field. If Gerrard and Lampard can get into the box enough, with Owen and Rooney dragging Gallas and Silvestre out of position, we're going to get some good chances.

Terry is doubtful for the game but we may be better off with a pacy defender such as King anyway. I suspect that Carragher will get the nod though, should Terry not make it.

I just hope that Campbell can contain Henry...
Sun 06/06/04 at 23:16
Regular
"Colourless"
Clazon wrote:
> Colourless wrote:
> Clazon wrote:
> france do though, which makes them tournament winning.
>
> Hmph. They had a great World Cup I must say....
>
>
>
> so 98 and 2000 were just one offs then?
>
> idiot.

Clazon, my good friend. Do shut up. You know I was kidding, and many times have I stated that your little gooner angel is the best player in the world. So I am aware of the fact that the French are an incredible side.

But in answer to your question, no they were two-offs....

That doesn't really work now does it....hmm.. :(
Sun 06/06/04 at 22:05
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I hope England can do it but with their dodgy defence, im gonna go for a draw.

On a lighter note the Germs lost 2-0 to Hungry today :)
Sun 06/06/04 at 20:01
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Flock wrote:
> I think i'm a little more optimistic after yesterdays performance,
> this england team has always been lacking goals, if they can attack
> like that against france i think we have a chance, if we had rio i
> would actually back us to win.

The thing is though, the defensive capabilities of France are much higher than those of Iceland. Even if England do attack like that a week from today, they're still not guarenteed to score any goals. Sure, they'll be putting pressure on the French defense, but there's a strong chance it won't even come to goalscoring.

England are over-rated. One good win against a team with a fraction of England's population, and you're going to win the next tournament. France, however, are a proven incredible team. As Ortega (I think) pointed out, it's been 10 games since they conceeded a goal, and they also won every single match in their progress to Euro 2004. Sure, they had an easy group, but it's still a big achievement.
Sun 06/06/04 at 18:12
Regular
I think the result depends upon whether we can boss the midfield or not. With a 'Diamond' formation we dont have a chance in hell of doing this so i think it's essential that Sven plays a flat 4 midfield.

We do have a chance, and personally i'd be happy with a draw (and i think France would be too).

The French are disgustingly overated as well.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.