GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"England vs. Iceland"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/06/04 at 16:14
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Anyone else watching it? We're looking fairly good, Rooney's strike was pretty decent even despite the deflection. What Jamie Carragher was doing for their goal though I don't know.

Anyway, we look fairly strong, and a good confidence booster for Rooney no doubt.
Sat 05/06/04 at 17:53
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Indeed. This is probably the only time Sven's mass substitutions have actually worked out as a way of testing players, not just as a way of ruining a game.
Sat 05/06/04 at 17:43
Regular
The best thing to come out of ti will hopefully be the death of the 'Diamond' formation. having a flat midfield helped us considerably with the defending aspect of the game - when Iceland attacked there were 8 men behind the ball in a solid shape, which is a big improvement on the 5 or 6 men all over the shot.

Gary Neville was immense in the first half, his attacking 'prowess' was a bit of a suprise really - a decent assist as well. Vassel looked lively as usual when he came, and will probably play a similar role in the Euro Championships - coming on late-ish in games.

Overall, pretty damn satisfactory methinks.
Sat 05/06/04 at 17:39
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Despite the fact it wasn't against particularly good opposition (Helgusson and Gudjohnsen being Iceland's really good players), I think this was a pretty good result. A resounding win is always good, no matter who it is against. This will definitely keep the morale up, and lessons about squad selection have been learnt here, I think - King and Bridge are both damn good. =)
Sat 05/06/04 at 17:16
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Forest Fan wrote:
> The same strike force, that managed no goals at World Cup 2002? Real
> formidable...

So they had a poor World Cup, doesn't mean that they will be poor this time round does it? another year, another tournament.
Sat 05/06/04 at 17:12
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
They're not a bad side, England are just proving the critics wrong.
Sat 05/06/04 at 17:09
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I dont know what happened, last time i checked iceland were a relativly decent team or am i thinking of finland ?
Sat 05/06/04 at 17:05
Regular
6-1. Note that, all you pessimists.
Sat 05/06/04 at 17:00
Regular
Neó wrote:
> They also need to sure up at the back, France's strikeforce is a
> tiny bit more formidable than both Iceland and Japan put together.

The same strike force, that managed no goals at World Cup 2002? Real formidable...
Sat 05/06/04 at 17:00
Regular
Ashman wrote:
> I wouldn't say so, on their day France can be easily as good as us.
> Just depends if we get a similar amount of lucky goals as we have
> against Iceland.

That's the thing though, on their day, France could beat us 3-0. However if they turn out, half as poorly as they did at World Cup 2002 and we play, like we did against Germany (5-1), Turkey (2-0) or Argentina (1-0), we'll win.
Sat 05/06/04 at 16:58
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Oh, and it is now 5 - 1:

England 5 - 1 Iceland
Rooney ( 2 ) Helguson
Lampard
Vassell
Bridge

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.