GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bonafide musical geniuses"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/06/04 at 12:34
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Post your top genuine (i.e. no Blazin' Squad, Nickelback, Fred Durst or Atomic Kitten) musical geniuses. Mine, you ask? Sure:

Frank Sinatra:
Not the most powerful of singers, but it didn't matter what he sang it sounded damn good. Oozed cool.

Kurt Cobain:
Master of the pop-punk, quiet-loud, 3-chord melody. Blew his talented brains out, but rumour was that he wanted to do more 'poppy' numbers without the 'punk', so maybe it was for the best.

Stevie Wonder:
This fella *is* music. Give him the crappy Casio Bossa Nova you got for Christmas 1988, and he'll give you a hit in return. Just when you think his songs are about to get all wussy, they change into hardcore funk and hook you further. Blind too, which is even more amazing.

Freddie Mercury:
How such a small man could have had such a powerful voice is beyond me - a true talent, and one of my favourite all time singers.

Mozart:
Whether you realise it or not, you know a Mozart tune. Pretty damn enjoyable stuff, even if it is stuffy old classical music. Check out the film "Amadeus" - it's a hoot, and you get to hear loads of his music.
Fri 04/06/04 at 22:31
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
Jimi Hendrix
John Lennon
Bob Marley
Fri 04/06/04 at 22:44
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Billy Corgan
Eddie Vedder/Stone/Mike McCready
Beastie Boys
Tom Yorke

Most of the others have been mentioned.
Fri 04/06/04 at 22:47
Regular
"Milky Milky"
Casey Chaos
Marilyn Manson
Morrissey
Fri 04/06/04 at 22:51
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Can't disagree with anything that has been said, really.
Yep.

Jools Holland deserves a mention, I feel.

Mostly because of the fact that he gives unheard talent a chance - bands that would never, ever get any airtime.

And also due to the fact that he can play jazz piano like a God.
Fri 04/06/04 at 22:54
Regular
"Milky Milky"
Beethoven (Immortal Beloved is a worthy watch by the way)
Fri 04/06/04 at 22:56
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
Amadeus Mozart the geatest
Fri 04/06/04 at 23:00
Regular
"Milky Milky"
Robert Smith
Fri 04/06/04 at 23:06
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
Eric Clapton - guitar hero
Fri 04/06/04 at 23:15
Regular
"Monochromatic"
magnius wrote:
> Beethoven (Immortal Beloved is a worthy watch by the way)

Yes a great film, shame a large part of it is fiction.
Fri 04/06/04 at 23:19
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
Elvis Prestly

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.