GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bonafide musical geniuses"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/06/04 at 12:34
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Post your top genuine (i.e. no Blazin' Squad, Nickelback, Fred Durst or Atomic Kitten) musical geniuses. Mine, you ask? Sure:

Frank Sinatra:
Not the most powerful of singers, but it didn't matter what he sang it sounded damn good. Oozed cool.

Kurt Cobain:
Master of the pop-punk, quiet-loud, 3-chord melody. Blew his talented brains out, but rumour was that he wanted to do more 'poppy' numbers without the 'punk', so maybe it was for the best.

Stevie Wonder:
This fella *is* music. Give him the crappy Casio Bossa Nova you got for Christmas 1988, and he'll give you a hit in return. Just when you think his songs are about to get all wussy, they change into hardcore funk and hook you further. Blind too, which is even more amazing.

Freddie Mercury:
How such a small man could have had such a powerful voice is beyond me - a true talent, and one of my favourite all time singers.

Mozart:
Whether you realise it or not, you know a Mozart tune. Pretty damn enjoyable stuff, even if it is stuffy old classical music. Check out the film "Amadeus" - it's a hoot, and you get to hear loads of his music.
Fri 04/06/04 at 23:24
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I take issue with Sinatra and presley being mentioned in this thread, they are not genius, they sat in a box and sang, i dont beleive either of them ever created anything in their lives.
Genius is about creation, not being able to sing.
Fri 04/06/04 at 23:25
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
But Sinatra was a genius.
He just was.

It's not exactly what he did, it's how.
And he did it so fan bloody tastically well.
Fri 04/06/04 at 23:30
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Azul wrote:
> But Sinatra was a genius.
> He just was.
>
> It's not exactly what he did, it's how.
> And he did it so fan bloody tastically well.

I understand, he's just never done anything for me at all, i hear him, perfect pitch, tone, mood, speed, he is technically perfect, but it's not about technique it's about heart.
Fri 04/06/04 at 23:30
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Didnt he not write his own songs?
Fri 04/06/04 at 23:31
Regular
"Monochromatic"
H˛O wrote:
> Didnt he not write his own songs?

If he did it's news to me, certainly not before the beatles came along.
Fri 04/06/04 at 23:43
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
His voice isn't what I meant at all.

It's how he performed it, how he approached everything - he was essentially the most suave, collected man of his time.
Fri 04/06/04 at 23:45
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Azul wrote:
> His voice isn't what I meant at all.
>
> It's how he performed it, how he approached everything - he was
> essentially the most suave, collected man of his time.

So being cool and stylish makes him a genius.
Fri 04/06/04 at 23:48
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
I don't mean cool in that sense.

I mean in the sense that, it came to him with ease. He performed like an absolute God. The way in which he just let the most perfect voice float out - he didn't need to do any of the stuff that today's artists do.

He was simply a genius.
You can't define it.

Everything about him was just sheer genius.
Fri 04/06/04 at 23:55
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
John Lennon the genius

Poems

"Sad Michael".

There was no reason for Michael to be sad that morning, (the little wretch); everyone liked him, (the scab). He'd had a hard days night that day, for Michael was a Cocky Watchtower. His wife Bernie, who was well controlled, had wrabbed his norman lunch but he was still sad. It was strange for a man whom have everything and a wife to boot. At 4 o'clock when his fire was burking bridely a Poleaseman had clubbed in to parse the time around. ‘Goodeven Michael,’ the Poleaseman speeg, but Michael did not answer for he was debb and duff and could not speeg.

‘How's the wive, Michael’ spoge the Poleaseman.

‘Shuttup about that!’

‘I thought you were debb and duff and could not speeg,’ said the Poleaseman.

‘Now what am I going to do with all my debb and duff books?’ said Michael, realising straight away that here was a problem to be reckoned with.

"I sat belonely"

I sat belonely down a tree,
humbled fat and small.
A little lady sing to me
I couldn't see at all.

I'm looking up and at the sky,
to find such wondrous voice.
Puzzly puzzle, wonder why,
I hear but have no choice.

'Speak up, come forth, you ravel me',
I potty menthol shout.
'I know you hiddy by this tree'.
But still she won't come out.

Such softly singing lulled me sleep,
an hour or two or so
I wakeny slow and took a peep
and still no lady show.

Then suddy on a little twig
I thought I see a sight,
A tiny little tiny pig,
that sing with all it's might.

'I thought you were a lady'.
I giggle, - well I may,
To my suprise the lady,
got up - and flew away.
Fri 04/06/04 at 23:58
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
John Lennon was one of the most talented songwriter of our time. His music is as timeless and relevant today as it was a generation ago. His songs revolutionised our music and our culture.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.