GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bonafide musical geniuses"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/06/04 at 12:34
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Post your top genuine (i.e. no Blazin' Squad, Nickelback, Fred Durst or Atomic Kitten) musical geniuses. Mine, you ask? Sure:

Frank Sinatra:
Not the most powerful of singers, but it didn't matter what he sang it sounded damn good. Oozed cool.

Kurt Cobain:
Master of the pop-punk, quiet-loud, 3-chord melody. Blew his talented brains out, but rumour was that he wanted to do more 'poppy' numbers without the 'punk', so maybe it was for the best.

Stevie Wonder:
This fella *is* music. Give him the crappy Casio Bossa Nova you got for Christmas 1988, and he'll give you a hit in return. Just when you think his songs are about to get all wussy, they change into hardcore funk and hook you further. Blind too, which is even more amazing.

Freddie Mercury:
How such a small man could have had such a powerful voice is beyond me - a true talent, and one of my favourite all time singers.

Mozart:
Whether you realise it or not, you know a Mozart tune. Pretty damn enjoyable stuff, even if it is stuffy old classical music. Check out the film "Amadeus" - it's a hoot, and you get to hear loads of his music.
Sat 05/06/04 at 13:38
Regular
"Colourless"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> I feel I must add Pat Cash.

Seconded.
Sat 05/06/04 at 13:17
Regular
"You've upset me"
I feel I must add Johnny Cash.
Sat 05/06/04 at 10:47
Regular
"Colourless"
Yeah he does acting too.

He was in When Harry me Sally I think.

Wow is there anything he cant do....
Sat 05/06/04 at 10:46
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Colourless wrote:
> Has anyone heard the guy who's supposedly the "new
> Sinatra?" His name's Harry Connick Jnr I believe.

he's the guy who plays will's husband in the hit sitcom will and grace but yes, apparently he does a bit of singin' too
Sat 05/06/04 at 10:43
Regular
"Colourless"
I'm a fan of Tchaikovsky. We always have a good dance to him on holiday.

Has anyone heard the guy who's supposedly the "new Sinatra?" His name's Harry Connick Jnr I believe.
Sat 05/06/04 at 00:52
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Supersaiyan wrote:
> Flock wrote:
>
> I think ive got extremly strict views, and despite some of the names
> i've mentioned in this thread, the only i absolutly believe to be a
> genius is Stevie Wonder, everyone else i can think of and say
> "My god they were talented" But he is the only person i
> feel who was born for it, he can do everything.
>
> Stevie Wonder a genius
> No mate!
> A music genuis is someone who can make good song lyric and can able
> to play 2 or 3 instrument. John Lennon is a genius he influnce people
> and still remember by many people as the genius in music.

You've really gotten into an argument that youre not going to win with that one, stevie wonder, are as i'm aware can play 9 instruments(despite being blind) has written some of the best songs on the planet and has the most remarkable voice i've ever heard.
There is a lennon resurgence and i admit i love him for his honesty, but to say lennon is a genius and wonder isnt, is the most stupid thing ive heard this week.
Sat 05/06/04 at 00:40
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
Flock wrote:

> I think ive got extremly strict views, and despite some of the names
> i've mentioned in this thread, the only i absolutly believe to be a
> genius is Stevie Wonder, everyone else i can think of and say
> "My god they were talented" But he is the only person i
> feel who was born for it, he can do everything.

Stevie Wonder a genius
No mate!
A music genuis is someone who can make good song lyric and can able to play 2 or 3 instrument. John Lennon is a genius he influnce people and still remember by many people as the genius in music.
Sat 05/06/04 at 00:20
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I'm going to go back and try to listen to him again, because i dont get it, usually i can read reviews, go away listen to whats been recommended and agree with it, but he does nothing for me.
Someone once said "he's the most romantic singer of all time" i of all people should understand why everyone raves about him, but he does nothing for me.
Sat 05/06/04 at 00:13
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Don't get me wrong - I don't believe he's the genius.
He's not as good as Stevie etc, but he's still a genius.
Sat 05/06/04 at 00:09
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Azul wrote:
> But he was Sinatra.
>
> :-D
> He just wasssss.

I think ive got extremly strict views, and despite some of the names i've mentioned in this thread, the only i absolutly believe to be a genius is Stevie Wonder, everyone else i can think of and say "My god they were talented" But he is the only person i feel who was born for it, he can do everything.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.