GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"IS MUSIC GETTIN SH*TTER"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 29/05/04 at 00:58
Regular
"BULLETPROOF?"
RAP I FIND IT CRAP POP MUSIC CRAP DANCE MUSIC CRAP ROCK STILL GOOD RnB STILL good
Sat 29/05/04 at 01:57
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
And why is it that the mentality seems to be, "omg if i learn the guitar ill be a pop star!!1"

If you're going to learn an instrument like the guitar, learn to play more than bloody chords.
Learn how to write for it.

Rather than just fixing chords into your head and not understanding how they were created.
Have Busted, who are famous for their guitar playing (I know, I know) ever had a song with a solo in it?
A good one?
One even comparable to that of Led Zeppelin solo's, GnR solo's etc.

I think not.
I really am in rant mode this morning.
Sat 29/05/04 at 02:00
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Sat 29/05/04 at 02:03
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
I can only hope so.
I cringe when the people around me all seem to have the same musical tastes.
Crap, normally.
And then there's this totally cool goth look-at-me-screaming-down-the mic-because-I'm-"expressing myself" stuff, with thrashing of guitar.
And this really hip punk stuff.
Bahhhh.
Sat 29/05/04 at 02:07
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Azul wrote:
> I can only hope so.
> I cringe when the people around me all seem to have the same musical
> tastes.
> Crap, normally.
> And then there's this totally cool goth look-at-me-screaming-down-the
> mic-because-I'm-"expressing myself" stuff, with thrashing
> of guitar.
> And this really hip punk stuff.
> Bahhhh.

Musical fashion, you like the clothes, you listen to the music, you might not get it, but good and the great say they are the best thing since nirvana, so who are you to make up your own mind ?
And as for the goths, dont bloody get me started on them because i'll be here all night.
Sat 29/05/04 at 02:12
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
So, these Goths then...

Anyway, I'm off to bed.
Shatttered.

Good night people.
Sat 29/05/04 at 08:50
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
A lot of Gothic stuff is weird, I have to admit, like those weird shoes with metal plates on them and the stupid makeup, but I admit that I do like the huge leather overcoats.

I really can't see the sense in wearing black and white makeup; it just makes you look like a mutant Panda. The problem is with all the weird bands; when they dress like freaks, people follow. Up until about 10 years ago, rock bands all wore dark colours and grew their hair long, even death metal bands like Napalm Death. Then bands like Lamb of God, Mushroomhead and Slipknot started dressing to hide their identities and to create publicity, and all this crap was born.

Weird music and freakish outfits. Woo.

Back to the subject, though- modern music. Rap is pure undiluted rubbish filled with gibberish, Pop is more fake than the Levi's you buy down the market and some metal is still good, especially the older bands who are still around such as Judas Priest and Iron Maiden.
Sat 29/05/04 at 12:30
"Was UW."
Dance music crap? You're listening to Europop, stupid idiot. You don't know what Dance really is, but I agree with the rest of your opinions.
Sat 29/05/04 at 12:44
Regular
Music has been rubbish for a while now.

The old stuff will always be better.
Sat 29/05/04 at 13:00
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
I don't get why everyone was creaming their pants when talking about McFly playing their own instruments. Damn f***ing right they should play their own instruments. Imagine back in the day of Oasis and Blur if someone would have made a big deal out them playing their own instruments? You would have just laughed, but it sadly, it actually seems to make a difference these days.

If you've got a pretty boy image and can play power chords, you'll go far.
Sat 29/05/04 at 13:32
Regular
"8==="
Music is getting worse in that there's more poor music out there, you have just have to look harder for the quality stuff but it's still there in large amounts.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.