GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"IS MUSIC GETTIN SH*TTER"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 29/05/04 at 00:58
Regular
"BULLETPROOF?"
RAP I FIND IT CRAP POP MUSIC CRAP DANCE MUSIC CRAP ROCK STILL GOOD RnB STILL good
Sat 29/05/04 at 01:19
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Gabbo wrote:
> Music is crap at the moment, but it's certinaly not a bad thing. It's
> gave me an opportunity to get into older stuff like The Smiths,
> Pixies and Dylan.

Dylan, oh yes ! Thank god that current music is crap,otherwise i may not have gone back and listened to him or a load of other people.
Maybe it is a good thing after all.
Sat 29/05/04 at 01:24
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Music does seem to be getting worse, but then again that could be because we're getting older and like listening to different stuff. Every generation brings along a different style of music, unfortunetly the next generation happens to be manufactured pop pap.
Sat 29/05/04 at 01:26
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
I think it is, I really do. Everyone else can get into bands like "The Rasmus" if they want, but I can't really be bothered to make do with what the current industry throws at me. They can shove it up their jacksay for all I care.
Sat 29/05/04 at 01:28
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Amen, brotha.

In a way, technology has destroyed music*.

*the mainstream music industry anyway.
Sat 29/05/04 at 01:30
Regular
"Monochromatic"
There seems to be a new breed coming through now, a sinister cult i call the Faux-artistes, they think they are making real music, they think because they write their own stuff, it makes them talented, they think they are being clever writing about everyday stuff, they are wrong.
A prime example of this is Dido and there are more coming, so cover your ears because the soft, gentle,relationship obcessed, coffee morning brigade is coming to your mums music collection soon.
Sat 29/05/04 at 01:35
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
I have to disagree here.

I don't mind Dido, because effort is made. Real instruments are used to create the music.

No "Push this button for this drum rhythm. Push this one for the tempo. Push this button for a repetitive guitar bassline/melody. Push this button for a repetitive violin melody."

Ad infinitum.
What really pishes me off is those who make no effort to create music. Those who release something manufactured through synthesisers and electronics. Something that's just so fake, yet they claim they are proud of this song, this "music" they've created.

And the bitter thing is, those who create their own music, write the sheet music for the instruments used - they are shunned to the side by these people who do nothing. Those who cannot even sing, let alone write any type of music or even read musical tablature.

As someone who studies music, and plays a few instruments - this is what gets me the most. I just despise how, if you glance at todays charts, absolutely zero of those at the top have created those songs. They're just pushed buttons on an electronic system.
Sat 29/05/04 at 01:41
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Azul wrote:
> As someone who studies music, and plays a few instruments - this is
> what gets me the most. I just despise how, if you glance at todays
> charts, absolutely zero of those at the top have created those songs.
> They're just pushed buttons on an electronic system.

That does get my blood boiling too, whenever I see Busted at the top of the charts I could literally just scream. But what can we really do about it apart from buying music from our favourite bands?
Sat 29/05/04 at 01:43
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I agree, no musical talent required, just be pretty and make sure you can hold a note and if you can do vibrato and you can go solo when it falls apart, or you can just create something repetetive from a drum sampler and some electronic beeping.
It makes me sick !
Sat 29/05/04 at 01:46
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Sat 29/05/04 at 01:52
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
I mean I'm 15, and I honestly don't mean to sound arrogant or anything, but I'm firmyl confident that I have more musical talent (as in writing or performing (drumkit for one)) than a lot of people in the charts.

There's too many fecking wannabe's, and the thing is, they're given a chance. Record companies snap them up and completely manufacture the finished product.
Bah.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.