GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gears of War"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Gears of War'.
Sun 12/11/06 at 14:17
Regular
Is it good? I don't own a 360.
Mon 14/01/08 at 21:13
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Its a must have...for the sake of saying that you have owned it.

Good graphics and a decent storyline, but once completed it's not that good.
Fri 11/01/08 at 23:46
Regular
"Captain to you."
I haven't played the 360 version only the PC one and i've got to say i really don't see the appeal and all the great things that people say about it.

Maybe it's because it's come out so late after the 360 and the interest has faded, I wish in a way that i had my 360 months earlier so that i could have experienced it at the time and got swept up in all the hype and excitement.

It just doesn't play very well, it's slow and often very boring as you can tell when you are going to be attacked as all the cover is placed in such a way that you know there is going to be a fight in that room.

I'm not sure if i have said this here before or somewhere else on the net but it looks like who ever blew up half the buildings in the game, went to the trouble to arrange all the large chunks of stone pillars in such a way that the room would have enough cover at both ends should there ever be a fight fight in there.

I just see it as poor design, sure they want the cover system to be the main combat feature used but they could have been a bit more subtle with cover and blend it in rather than almost perfect blocks everywhere.

not a terrible game but just very average imo.
Fri 11/01/08 at 22:06
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Alfonse wrote:
> Played it, seveeeerely overated.

yes and no.

it`s a fantastic game, but a lot of it was "Liberated" from other games (cover system = rogue trooper)
Fri 11/01/08 at 16:45
Regular
Played it, seveeeerely overated. You spend half your time with posture like the Hunchback of Notre Dame.
Fri 11/01/08 at 16:09
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
I've only seen it being played, looked fun and pretty nice though.
Wed 09/01/08 at 12:51
"possibly impossible"
Very good, but apparently the PC version is pretty hard to get running well.
Wed 09/01/08 at 02:33
Regular
"GAMING"
HAVE GET IT YET
Sun 06/01/08 at 07:42
Regular
"the Great"
its my fav 360 game
i might get it for my pc as it has extra levels
Mon 20/08/07 at 19:46
Regular
"eeast weeeeeeeeeezy"
ant played it herd it was good is it any way might buy soon
Tue 09/01/07 at 14:20
Regular
"8==="
It's a very good idea.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.