GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"depressed."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/04/04 at 19:49
Regular
"you've got a beard"
and i can't seem to get out of it.

increasingly disillusioned with everything at the moment, just generally unhappy.

that is all :(
Sat 24/04/04 at 19:40
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I still don't think i put enough emphasis on "constantly", i mean every waking moment without any rest.
You get a question,you cant answer it, you immediatley think of another, this can go on for hours or days.
Sat 24/04/04 at 19:35
Regular
Wow. I think I'm manically depressed.
Sat 24/04/04 at 19:27
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Ineedsleep wrote:
> Depression is a really strange medical condition, it is not something
> I could ever comprehend.

I'll try and explain it then.......
Right yesterday rosalind put up a post about a annoying song that had gotten into her head and she couldnt get it out, you all know that feeling right ? Now i want you to, instead of having a song in your head, have every bad thought, question, and everything wrong in the world, without any good points or without being able to answer any of the questions you're are asking, multiply it by a 100 so it seems worse than it is, and then have the same thoughts go round in your head constantly(and i do mean constantly) for maybe 4 days, it is like a madness and it becomes impossible to think or do anything without seeing a negative so you dont do anything, you sit around thinking the same thing, going mad and getting increasingly desperately frustrated that the only escape is to sleep.
Now imagine before this started you felt fantastic and everything was wonderful and then for no reason at all you get a negative thought and it all spirals from there. That is manic depression.
Sat 24/04/04 at 17:48
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Depression is a really strange medical condition, it is not something I could ever comprehend. My other half is a manic depressant(sp) although he is so depressed he will not go and have this professionally analyised.

I'm sorry to hear of your breakup but it can be very hard to cope for a partner of someone who is depressed, especially when you are young.
Sat 24/04/04 at 15:55
Regular
"you've got a beard"
well, i must be psychic...
this morning my 3 year relationship came to an end.

it had it troubles from time to time but i thought things were fine so this was somewhat out of the blue.
Fri 23/04/04 at 23:12
Regular
Hmm. It sounds like you're working with a very clear definition of depression.

I was going with something along the lines of depression being incapacitating and obviously more serious and long-term than being miserable, potentially without a clear cause, but didn't attach it to a post-traumatic stress disorder.

If I'm wrong in that then fair enough.
Fri 23/04/04 at 22:46
Regular
"Monochromatic"
DJ Duck & MC Beak wrote:
> Flockhart wrote:
> Being miserable is not depresson
>
> But they may have similar contributing factors, no?

NO ! Being miserable doesnt incapacitate you, you find something that can lift you, depression seems to be triggered by post traumatic stress disorder, and i really don't want to go into detail but it can completely take your world apart.
Being miserable is caused by being upset by something in your life, depression is triggered for no reason by a chemical imbalance whether you are happy,miserable or whatever.
I don't think i explained that very well.
Fri 23/04/04 at 22:40
Regular
Flockhart wrote:
> Being miserable is not depresson

But they may have similar contributing factors, no?
Fri 23/04/04 at 22:39
Regular
I'd have to agree with PB - not the only factor, but a factor.

A bit like something from fight club too, if memory serves...
Fri 23/04/04 at 22:38
Regular
"Monochromatic"
pb wrote:
> Flockhart wrote:
> Sorry but that is bo**ocks.
>
> It makes sense in the grand scheme of things. Not that it's the ONLY
> source of depression, just one of the causes of a modern version.

It makes no sense to me at all, it not being miserable, it's not about being unhapy, it's not about angst or being a teenager, it is a psychological condition irrelevant to how good or bad your life is.
Being miserable is not depresson

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.