GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"depressed."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/04/04 at 19:49
Regular
"you've got a beard"
and i can't seem to get out of it.

increasingly disillusioned with everything at the moment, just generally unhappy.

that is all :(
Sun 25/04/04 at 11:37
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Ineedsleep wrote:
> Depression is a really strange medical condition, it is not something
> I could ever comprehend. My other half is a manic depressant(sp)
> although he is so depressed he will not go and have this
> professionally analyised.
>
> I'm sorry to hear of your breakup but it can be very hard to cope for
> a partner of someone who is depressed, especially when you are young.

well i wasn't depressed until i sensed something was wrong.
and i'm 24, she was 31, i thought we could work through anything (we've already had to deal with a fair bit :-\ ) so it's kinda knocked me sideways...

ah well....
Sat 24/04/04 at 23:12
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I was on about why it has suddenly appeared, i felt it was part of losing a guide like religion or losing a parent that means we have to think for ourselves.I think we've started to look at our lives as our own and making our own choices instead of following a guide.
Sat 24/04/04 at 22:50
Regular
Yes, I have failed you young sire... for be it not for you to be one of the depressed; alas, it may yet be the case.
Sat 24/04/04 at 22:48
Regular
"Excommunicated"
What? were talking about depression not about how to live your life.

Do you what you want?
It'll work out if you know how?

Crap, it doesn't work out and that's why you get depressed. You have failed dreams, you're born into a world with something to lose, always.
Sat 24/04/04 at 22:00
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I think for a long time religion was the reason to live, when you stop believing in something more, you have to start looking for something in this life.
I fully expect FF to steal this for his pro-religious argument's with me.
Sat 24/04/04 at 21:56
Regular
SHEEPY wrote:
> I agree
>
> What was the previous motive of life? To stay alive and mate?

Na, it's to live it the way *you* want it to pan out. Obviously though if you have high hopes the chances are unlikely... and you need money to carry on living your life, preferably in a job you are a) interested in where the subject and not money is the reason
b) vice versa - dull job, but the money's good with minimal effort required.

It is up to you. Of course, you have to progress through education for that to happen, unless your "chosen path" doesn't require it.
Sat 24/04/04 at 21:45
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I think freud and the likes have taken apart the minds of the people and opened a whole can of worms, by giving a reason to look at ourselves.
I think it comes from knowing how to analyse ourselves and our motivations and it has caused problems.
Sat 24/04/04 at 21:36
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I agree

What was the previous motive of life? To stay alive and mate?

Now we live in a modern world where the drive is to rise above the rest, have loads of money and never fail. Leading to the 'weak' falling apart when they fail, little things cause mental breakdowns etc

Previous small, close communitees are torn apart with mass population and communication.

Etc etc black everywhere etc
Sat 24/04/04 at 21:31
Regular
"Monochromatic"
SHEEPY wrote:
> Is depression a developed world illness?

I cant comment on what has gone before, but i feel we have a introspection now, that was never much a part of previous generations.
Sat 24/04/04 at 21:08
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Is depression a developed world illness?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.