GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"10 days to go....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory'.
Mon 21/03/05 at 20:53
Regular
...and then CHAOS THEORY!

Haven't looked forward to a game this much since Zelda : Wind Waker.

*goes to play through demo for the millionth time*
Tue 22/03/05 at 12:30
Regular
Excluding special edition Shenmue's from Japan which stray for around £120, then again that was actually worth owning as you got that special Shenmue demo which was just a massive building like Nakatomi Plaza and you just worked your way up floor by floor.

As the original Shenmue was just a sexual game altogether it really did help those japs cream on their women a hell of a lot easier when they saw the special edition.

On the whole though they really do suck crab infested sanitation hair.
Tue 22/03/05 at 13:40
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Claiming for GAD right now, but I'll have to plug in my stupid Xbox :(

And Live will be tricky, which is why I want this game.

:( :(
Tue 22/03/05 at 14:47
Regular
"Touched!"
Had this ordered for 2 weeks now. TS: Future perfect is on it's way now and I've got Brothers In Arms to finish by next friday. Good job I'm not at uni so I can get these games finished before Chaos Theory.
Tue 22/03/05 at 14:49
Regular
I'm going into town on Thursday to trade 4 crappy games in at GAME for Timesplitters.

Have had Chaos Theory on pre-order at gameplay since just after Xmas, which means I should hopefully get it next Thursday.

CANNAE WAIT!!!1!!11!!1!
Tue 22/03/05 at 14:51
Regular
"Bow To Me Minions"
It shall be the best thing since sliced bread.

Played through the demo a few times now. Quality.
Tue 22/03/05 at 15:23
Regular
Must admit, aside from football I rarely look forward to anything.

Shall be good though, might have to book the Friday off work, hopefully it will be here by then.
Tue 22/03/05 at 16:46
Regular
"Touched!"
I hope I have friday next week off. If not I'll be playing it most of the day and again when I get in from work. Splitters and Brothers in arms are just stop gaps for me until Chaos Theory next week.
Tue 22/03/05 at 17:01
Regular
"BOSE"
Hedfix wrote:
> Yep, they need to have something at least half-decent. Like a limited
> edition splinter cell memory card or headset. Or stickers to go on
> your xbox or a CD with music from the game or a version of the game
> that allows you to get the downloadable content a week earlier.

...Now there's a nice dream :-)

The headset proberly cost us as much as the game. The soundtrack costs £10. Downloadable content...a week earlier? There's not even Halo 2 content yet. Fingers crossed, ah.

Where can you get the Limited Edition of Chaos Theory? I've checked it on Play, HMV, SR, CD WOW, The Hut, MVC, Game and I can't find it :-S
Wed 23/03/05 at 22:15
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah these limited editions tend to be a joke. Then when there is something worthwhile like extra maps, what happens ? "Yeah lets just release this in the States so that players in other countries are left wondering why they can't get into a large number of the Live games !" Not that I'm naming any games on that *cough* Mech Assault 2 *cough*

Because of Episode 3 coming out soon, I've visted the official Star Wars site at work on my lunch breaks, just to waste some time and have a read up. I managed to grab some satisfaction from one American guy who was whining about how the UK will get to see the film at least 5 hours before people in the States. Yes, thankyou lord ! Good ! About time they got the screw job instead of us. If you can call a mere 5 hour wait difference a screw job. Imagine them having to wait to the extent that we do for most games and stuff.

Dunno bout you lot but I'm getting pretty sick of seeing Americans on my friends list playing games I'm desperate for around a month in advance ! Then of course you finally get it and you tend to get a good kicking on Live because everyones had so much practise prior. It made Steel Battalion a real pain in the poo chute to get into online cause you had to have the patience to deal with the whining American mongs screaming at you while you had to learn your way around.

Excellent game to play, but ruined by fat ****wits who thought they were U.S military barking out orders. It was great as long as you were good at it. Came accross some kids who'd managed to get the game and I couldn't believe the stuff some of those basement dwelling virgins with wet dreams of being the next Rommel were screaming at these kids.

Not just the orders during the game, but the abuse in the aftermath because the poor sod didn't do everything to perfect execution and apparently "lost the match" for our team. From my experience, the ones barking the orders and giving all the crap actually tended to suck at the game and just expected to be protected. It just grated after awhile and I just got so irritated with it that I stopped playing.

Think thats why I tend to prefer co-op games online now. All this American trash talk and the whiney "hard" talk when they lose is just really bloody annoying. Theres little more irritating than some Yank nerd who suddenly develops confidence and a gobby attitude because he's behind a screen.

Anyway, dunno how I got onto all this hate and slating everything... Think I'm in a ranty mood... So yeah, limited edition stuff sucks...
Wed 23/03/05 at 22:35
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Most Yanks online were either laid back and cool or hyper active and pathetic.

Really, really pathetic.

It's like on WoW - the group leader becomes a power crazed mong most of the time :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.