GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"10 days to go....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory'.
Mon 21/03/05 at 20:53
Regular
...and then CHAOS THEORY!

Haven't looked forward to a game this much since Zelda : Wind Waker.

*goes to play through demo for the millionth time*
Mon 21/03/05 at 20:53
Regular
...and then CHAOS THEORY!

Haven't looked forward to a game this much since Zelda : Wind Waker.

*goes to play through demo for the millionth time*
Mon 21/03/05 at 21:09
Regular
Yup.

Got mine pre-ordered a week back from Import Madness in hope that it will be here for UK release.
Mon 21/03/05 at 21:20
Regular
"8==="
I'll just go down the highstreet.
Mon 21/03/05 at 21:23
Regular
"We are the best"
got it had it cleared it broke it lost it found it
Mon 21/03/05 at 22:19
Regular
Yep, had it pre-ordered for a while now. Last game that had me this excited was SSX3, strangely.

Read the OXM review today, which was poor, but they gave it 9.4. And I'm pretty sure they gave away something pretty major in one of the screenshots, which sucks. But it's a great story twist if it's true.

Oh yeah, I thought the Jade Empire demo was pretty average as well. The graphics weren't great, and the attacks felt really weak. Can't say it was nearly as good as Kotor.
Tue 22/03/05 at 08:50
Regular
I was going to grab the Collectors Edition version but then realised what a complete waste of money it would be. I got the Collectors Edition of Halo 2 and haven't even looked at anything that came as an extra, looks like a simiar deal here.

1 x Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
3 x limited edition Splinter Cell condoms with spy hole for leakage
1 x Special bonus CD containing absolutely nothing of interest
1 x Sam Fisher poster - naked in an Iraq prison
etc
Tue 22/03/05 at 08:58
Regular
"8==="
Yep, they need to have something at least half-decent. Like a limited edition splinter cell memory card or headset. Or stickers to go on your xbox or a CD with music from the game or a version of the game that allows you to get the downloadable content a week earlier.
Tue 22/03/05 at 09:07
Regular
Collectors editions are crap these days.

In fact, they always have been as far as I can remember :|

I'm going to miss out on the initial ejaculations of this game, LIVE-wise.
I won't have my BB set up in time :(
Tue 22/03/05 at 09:27
Regular
"8==="
I might have live setup in time, but I'll be cutting it fine.

*Rhymes*
Tue 22/03/05 at 09:55
Regular
Collectors editions have always been a big fat waste of time. Who honestly wants to watch making of documentaries when you can play the actual game?

They're really just there for nerds who buy 2 copies and keep one in the shrink wrap to spoon with at night time in the hope that the 'limited edition' will be worth something in the future.

Which it clearly won't.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.