GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Splitters Future Perfect"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Timesplitters: Future Perfect'.
Thu 24/03/05 at 13:52
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Mine came earlier, just been playing it until it crashed my Cube (which hasn't happend in about a year, but never mind).

Very weird to play this after Resi 4, I don't think you couldn't get two shooting games any more different from each other.

So far:

+ Lots of humour and little touches which made me smile
+ More Captain Ash
+ Looks and sounds alot better with alot more speech
+ The stats & character gallery are back, with some old favourites
+ Intimidatingly huge amount of Challenges etc. to do
+ Doesn't look like EA have messed around with FRD's game.

- Couple of framerate slowdowns
- Pathetically weak and short opening level (the demo level)
- I seem to be crap at Arcade league.

The opening Story Level is a let down, specially since the beginning of TSP2 threw you into the sublime Siberia level. But the next level is far better. And has Captain Ash who is hilarious :)

Oh, and in the extras section you can see the credits, which has Cortez going all Saturday Night Fever on a mirror-balled dance floor. The sign on the wall says "The Big Tipper". :D
Page:
Thu 24/03/05 at 19:34
Regular
": ("
That fat geek? Do you mean the one who got that stuff sprayed in his eyes when he saw that dinosaur?
Thu 24/03/05 at 19:33
Regular
What characters have returned?

Chinese Chef, The Impersonator< Robofish and Badass Cyborg had all better be there.
Thu 24/03/05 at 19:27
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Through my brief dabblings in Arcade/Challenge mode I've found a rather uberly titled one starring the Chef, called: "Rare or Well Done?" :D Loving this game (and Free Radical in general to be honest, damn you Cooky :P).

Story mode is so improved, all the levels run seamlessly into each other, you have your Second Sight-esque force abilities to pick stuff up, a really cool Resident Evil style section, and even a homage to that fat geek from Jurassic Park (the one who has the annoying screensaver of "Ha ha ha! You Gotta Get The Password!")
Thu 24/03/05 at 18:42
"period drama"
All that crack, wasted.
What a terrible world we live in.
Thu 24/03/05 at 18:40
Regular
Oh and there's a hell of a lot more dialogue and humour than TS2. The drunken guard on the Scottish castle talking about his chest hair made me snort coke out my nose.
Thu 24/03/05 at 18:37
Regular
There's tons to unlock by the looks of things, arcade leagues are also a lot harder. Took me multiple attempts to get gold on the first challenge in the Zeppellin level, where as I breezed through the first arcade on TS2 league in no time.

That Ninja Monkey is godly!
Thu 24/03/05 at 18:10
"period drama"
Bah.

There better be tonnes to unlock again. That was the best bit of TS2, just the 1337 amount of stuff you could unlock. Even it was a crappy hat cheat, it still makes you feel better.

2 crashes reported?
That's not good.

The only time my TS2 crashed was the non-story level in the mental hospital, with the thousands of zombies, most of them on fire. It was a bit much even for me.
Thu 24/03/05 at 16:18
Regular
"0228"
Just got a gold on 'Commuting will kill you' improving on my silver and I got nothing for it, not even a crappy hats cheat or something. Bah.
Thu 24/03/05 at 16:07
Regular
"0228"
munn wrote:
> Any special features awarded for a TS2 save file present?

No.
Completed four missions now. Go me. The amateur on this is about the same level as intermediate on TS2 and that is not good. Maybe it's just me being crap with a rocket launcher, I prefer the rapid fire /weak damage weapons more than the slow firing /heavy damage weapons.
Thu 24/03/05 at 16:02
Regular
Cool.

Any special features awarded for a TS2 save file present?
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.