GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Splitters Future Perfect"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Timesplitters: Future Perfect'.
Thu 24/03/05 at 13:52
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Mine came earlier, just been playing it until it crashed my Cube (which hasn't happend in about a year, but never mind).

Very weird to play this after Resi 4, I don't think you couldn't get two shooting games any more different from each other.

So far:

+ Lots of humour and little touches which made me smile
+ More Captain Ash
+ Looks and sounds alot better with alot more speech
+ The stats & character gallery are back, with some old favourites
+ Intimidatingly huge amount of Challenges etc. to do
+ Doesn't look like EA have messed around with FRD's game.

- Couple of framerate slowdowns
- Pathetically weak and short opening level (the demo level)
- I seem to be crap at Arcade league.

The opening Story Level is a let down, specially since the beginning of TSP2 threw you into the sublime Siberia level. But the next level is far better. And has Captain Ash who is hilarious :)

Oh, and in the extras section you can see the credits, which has Cortez going all Saturday Night Fever on a mirror-balled dance floor. The sign on the wall says "The Big Tipper". :D
Page:
Thu 24/03/05 at 20:26
Regular
"thursdayton!"
JFH wrote:
> Dr. Lancet made me laugh (the guy from the behead the undead
> challenge with the zombie monkeys).

Yep, oh how he wriggles :D

Another good one is the Undead Priest, which for some reason is boxed up as if he was an action figure :)
Thu 24/03/05 at 20:26
Regular
Woooo.

TS3 seems to be all the best bits of TS1 mixed with teh best bits of TS2 to make a really good game.

Wooooo.
Thu 24/03/05 at 20:24
Regular
"0228"
munn wrote:
> And all the other user stuff like your awards and stats.

Yes, all the pointless information is there like number of times played as monkey, etc. Also, after a game in arcade mode instead of getting the awards like 'brain surgeon' there are a load of stats including who got the most headshots, most time in the lead, most kills, most flammable, and various others, and it shows the top five (maybe 6) people for each catagory. However, only four catagories are shown per game so you get a different selection of stats each time.
Thu 24/03/05 at 20:22
Regular
Ah yes, that's right, it was the amount of tiem you spent on top of one of those moving crates in teh Hangar level, I never ever "surfed" one of them.
Thu 24/03/05 at 20:22
Regular
"-_-"
i had a gold on it 7 minutes odd, i thought it was how long you spent in water :S
Thu 24/03/05 at 20:18
Regular
Ah, the Gallery, yes, does it still have the Gallery?

And all the other user stuff like your awards and stats.

Which reminds me, did anyone ever find out what the hell "Surf Time" was?
Thu 24/03/05 at 20:18
Regular
"0228"
The big grid is still there. There are 150 characters in all but I really don't know how many you start with, I'm pretty sure it's more than in TS2 though. Also, if you put the cursor over one of the blank grid squares it will tell you how to unlock the character, e.g. 'Unlock this character by getting a silver award in the arcade league mission Commuting will kill you'.
Thu 24/03/05 at 20:13
"period drama"
Has it still got the big board where you can see all the characters at once?
How many / how many empty spaces when you start?

[d'oh, read the post. don't mind me]
Thu 24/03/05 at 20:12
Regular
It's a new addition to get you to not fail missions.
Thu 24/03/05 at 20:12
Regular
"0228"
Tphi wrote:
> Just spent the last 10 minutes watching all the character animations.

Dr. Lancet made me laugh (the guy from the behead the undead challenge with the zombie monkeys).
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.