GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What are the 5 scariest movies you've ever seen?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/04/04 at 15:18
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
What are the 5 scariest movies you've ever seen? Go on, post them and then we can all say stuff like 'I can't believe you were scared by that.'

P.S: Snuff doesn't count.
Thu 08/04/04 at 14:56
Regular
"A man with a stick"
1. The Thing - Saw this at an early age and didn't like it, but I couldn't get to sleep the night I'd seen because I was too scared. Now I'm older I've grown to appreciate it, and while it may not scare me as much now (though the opening music is the creepiest music I've ever heard in a film) it's still a great horror film, and one of my favourites.

2. Alien3 - Not my favourite of the Alien films, but like The Thing I saw this at an early age and the grim gothic look of the film really worked well to create an unsettling atmosphere. Another one that caused me to loose some sleep.

3. The Blob - The remake, not the crappy 50s original. It scared me because after seeing the original I wasn't expecting much, but thanks to top-notch gore effects I found it to be quite an unexpected, scary surprise. I'll have to get it on DVD if I can.

4. The Dead Trilogy - While not really scary, Romero's trilogy did have an unnerving atmosphere, and they where some of the earliest Zombies films I say.

5. Hellraiser - For the effects and the bad guys (like Pinhead) if nothing else, Not scary but damn good fun, if slightly tainted by a series of not so good sequels.
Thu 08/04/04 at 14:35
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Mav wrote:
> Maybe he's two?

Maybe he's one.
Wed 07/04/04 at 11:59
Regular
Maybe he's two?
Wed 07/04/04 at 10:26
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
ginger nut wrote:
> 1. Toy Story - HA HA
> 2. Childs Play - HA HA
> 3. Halloween - Not so HA HA
> 4. Resident Evil - Not so HA HA
> 5. Gothika - HA HA
>
> :-{

God, you get scared easily.
Tue 06/04/04 at 19:34
Regular
"Anyone Got A Pizza"
1. Toy Story
2. Childs Play
3. Halloween
4. Resident Evil
5. Gothika

:-{
Tue 06/04/04 at 18:56
Regular
"Whatever!"
1. Halloween (Original) - Saw this at an early age. First glimpse of Michael Myers scared the crap out of me. Still my favourite horror flick!

2. The Evil Dead - Classic, still makes me jump

3. Night of the Living Dead (Original)

4. The Shining

5. Child's Play - Watched when I was about nine. Very scary at the time, not so much now though
Tue 06/04/04 at 18:17
Regular
Yeah, the psychological ones get me too.

Which is why The Shining and The Omen really didn't scare me.
Tue 06/04/04 at 14:50
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Exorcist, Audition... hmmmm...
Tue 06/04/04 at 14:25
Regular
Salem's Lot is very similar in style to the Omen and with horror films its purely down to what gets you. The ones that get me are the masked characterless foes and films that try and get you Psychologically. The Omen had a very sinister atmosphere which just made me feel nervy.
Tue 06/04/04 at 12:49
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> 1. The Omen

The Omen is no where near scary. Nothing during that film remotely scared me just like in The Thing.

> 5. Salem's Lot

At last someone's mentioned Salem's Lot!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.