GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My computer is built!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/04/04 at 10:21
Regular
"\\"
Huzzah, i've built my computer and turning on the power, everything seems to be running ok... now what the feck do i do? The guide i've been using doesn't seem to help me at the moment, i've got to get into the BIOS screen, and apparantly i just use the key things it displays at the bottom of the screen... Except there is no key things at the bottom of the screen. All i get is the intel startup type thing then

"Starting...

Microsoft(R) Windows Millenium
(C)Copyright Microsoft Corp 1981-1999.

A:\>"

Now what does one do?
Fri 02/04/04 at 11:34
Regular
"\\"
OK I've partitioned it.. It's formatting. Is installing windows next?
Fri 02/04/04 at 11:30
Regular
How many do you need? It depends on your purpose in which you need the partitions for.

At the moment I only have the one 200Gb partition. If I decide I need another, I'll just 'acquire' Partition Magic and use that.
Fri 02/04/04 at 11:28
Regular
"\\"
ßulle†† wrote:
> Stupid question, but did you 'save settings and exit'?
>
> I have forgotten to do that before and got confused when settings
> appear to be unchanged.

Yeah, i did, but i found my problem and fixed it... see my previous post for next question :D
Fri 02/04/04 at 11:27
Regular
"\\"
OK. I'm up to the point of creating partitions... how many should i make?
Fri 02/04/04 at 11:23
Regular
Stupid question, but did you 'save settings and exit'?

I have forgotten to do that before and got confused when settings appear to be unchanged.
Fri 02/04/04 at 11:21
Regular
"\\"
*sigh*

The floppy still demands to be loaded first.

No non onononon, i was wrong, nevermind.
Fri 02/04/04 at 11:16
Regular
Aoe wrote:
> There's nothing on it, it's completely new. And i have two CD ROM
> drives, and when i go to change the priority of start up order, i
> have no idea which one to chose, shall i just put any one at number
> one, slap my disc into anyone and hope?

Do two CD-Drive options show up on the boot list? Usually only one - your Primary drive - shows up. If there are two, just select one and try each drive once - you're bound to get it then.
Fri 02/04/04 at 11:12
Regular
"\\"
Sorry, there is stuff on the disc, not on the hard drive, damn you posting before me!
Fri 02/04/04 at 11:11
Regular
"\\"
There's nothing on it, it's completely new. And i have two CD ROM drives, and when i go to change the priority of start up order, i have no idea which one to chose, shall i just put any one at number one, slap my disc into anyone and hope?
Fri 02/04/04 at 11:10
Regular
Aoe wrote:
> I'll try it, and if it doesn't work....... I'm sueing you! :D

Heh, I've inserted a disclaimer to cover my back :D

It should work though, I only did it in January and I've been messing with PCs for yonks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.