GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dumbest thing to say in a job interview EVER"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/04/04 at 10:43
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
So I'm in the recruitment office this morning, a little worse for wear but I can focus and I'm filling in all the numerous forms before I get to sit down and have a little chat with my person. Forms filled in, documents signed, yadda yadda yadda, and I'm sat down, admittedly a little nervous because I've never had to look for temp work before.

Anyway, the interview went really well, got quite chatty to the primly attractive girl and spoke about Uni and stuff. When the end of the interview came, I though 'ah, that wasn't that bad' and stood up her shook her hand, in newly-found RelaxTM mode. Then she says 'what are you doing for the rest of the day?', to which I reply...

"Actually I'm a bit hungover so I'll probably just go back to bed."

Round of applause for the assclown. She did a little nervous laugh and looked at me, so I said "Prrrobably shouldn't have said that, should I?"

I might as well have said "Well actually I've got a couple of dead prostitutes in the back of my car and I've got to dispose of them sometime today." In fact, that probably would have got me more work as it shows I'm resourceful.

What a tool.
Thu 01/04/04 at 10:43
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
So I'm in the recruitment office this morning, a little worse for wear but I can focus and I'm filling in all the numerous forms before I get to sit down and have a little chat with my person. Forms filled in, documents signed, yadda yadda yadda, and I'm sat down, admittedly a little nervous because I've never had to look for temp work before.

Anyway, the interview went really well, got quite chatty to the primly attractive girl and spoke about Uni and stuff. When the end of the interview came, I though 'ah, that wasn't that bad' and stood up her shook her hand, in newly-found RelaxTM mode. Then she says 'what are you doing for the rest of the day?', to which I reply...

"Actually I'm a bit hungover so I'll probably just go back to bed."

Round of applause for the assclown. She did a little nervous laugh and looked at me, so I said "Prrrobably shouldn't have said that, should I?"

I might as well have said "Well actually I've got a couple of dead prostitutes in the back of my car and I've got to dispose of them sometime today." In fact, that probably would have got me more work as it shows I'm resourceful.

What a tool.
Thu 01/04/04 at 10:48
Regular
"That's right!"
You should've left, then run in and said "Was my evil twin just in here? He's always trying to mess up my life!"
Thu 01/04/04 at 10:59
Regular
That actually made me laugh out loud. Sorry.

:-D
Thu 01/04/04 at 11:00
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
I'd laugh (even louder) if you still got the job.
Thu 01/04/04 at 11:05
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
That's alright, it'll be interpreted as honesty and a sense of humour.

I've said some pretty dumb things in interviews - worst was for a forklift company, and the manager was telling me about their 18 tonne lift trucks. I'm like "What's that for, lifting Fire Engines?"

It was the heaviest thing I could think of, but I probably sounded like a right sarcastic git. Got the job though!
Fri 02/04/04 at 07:45
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
During my interview for the police I was asked a few questions and these were my answers.

Q: What would you do if you were Chief Constable?
A: I'd sit in my big office and think of my salary? (I know that's not a question, but I said it in that irritating tone of voice so as it becomes one)

Q: What are your views on drugs?
A: My views on drugs?
Q: Yes, what do you think of them?
A: Well, to be honest, they get right up my nose…

I find that when I’m nervous and I’m asked a question I tend to repeat that question asked.
Fri 02/04/04 at 08:39
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
*spits tea on screen*

No way!!!!!!!! You had an interview!!!!!!!!
Fri 02/04/04 at 08:41
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Ah, it was just the recruitment office, but they'll probably give some other low-band job with all the other hangovees now. Well done *slow claps* but you should have invited her to spend the day in bed with you too, just for good measure.
Fri 02/04/04 at 10:26
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I hate recruitment agencies in London. They give Aussies the best temping assignments (because they are only around for a few months and are therefore more mercenary) and then allow them to set themselves up as "consultants" so they don't have to pay tax or NI.

Therefore any Brits temping in London get a shatty deal as they are more reliant on having continuous employment. Plus we have to pay tax etc.
Fri 02/04/04 at 10:31
Regular
monkey_man wrote:
"you should have invited her to spend the day in bed with you too, just for good measure."

Damn right, sleep your way to the dole.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.